Read this statement prior to signing it. You must complete this additional medical questionnaire to enrol in a diver training program or to participate in any diving activity. If you are a minor, you must have this statement signed by your parent or guardian.
ADDITIONAL DECLARATIONS / COVID-19
I WILL, if asked, wear a protective mask at all times while participating in the diving training / activities arranged by Silent World, and will take all reasonable preventive steps that may be recommended by Silent World, or any relevant public authority.
I WILL accept and observe all instructions by Silent World regulations, required to help prevent the risk of transmission, including having my temperature taken prior to participating in any diving activities.
I ACKNOWLEDGE and ACCEPT that this declaration will be considered as my consent to Silent World to retain this declaration and disclose it to any relevant authority or service provider for the purposes of ensuring Silent World the safety of any third parties that may come in contact with me prior to, during, and after any diving activity.
COVID-19 shares many of the same symptoms as other serious viral pneumonias that require a period of convalesce before returning to full activities – a process that can take weeks or months depending on symptom severity (1).
MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS (2):
- Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, should wait a minimum of TWO months, preferable THREE, before resuming their diving activities.
- Divers who have tested positive with COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic, should wait ONE month before resuming diving.
- Divers who have been hospitalised with pulmonary symptoms related to COVID-19, should, after a three-month waiting period, undergo complete pulmonary function testing as well as a cardiac evaluation with echocardiography and exercise test (exercise electrocardiography) to ascertain normal cardiac function prior to their return to diving.
- Divers and dive centers should observe strictly the guidelines for disinfection of diving gear (as issued by the diving federations and DAN Europe / Divers Alert Network).
(1) Return to Diving Post COVID-19 - issued by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) in the USA.
(2) Diving after COVID-19 pulmonary infection. A position statement of the Belgian Society for Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine (SBMHS-BVOOG).
Today's Date: March 24, 2023