In consideration of the services of The Utah Nordic Alliance, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “TUNA”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge TUNA, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that my participation in outdoor adventure based activities such as cross country skiing, trail running, running, and biking entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. I further understand that TUNA event organizers and volunteers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather, the elements, or the terrain. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TUNA from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or any use of TUNA’s equipment or facilities, including without limitation any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of TUNA.
- Should TUNA or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against TUNA, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE: I hereby grant absolute right and permission to The Utah Nordic Alliance (TUNA) to use any photographic images or likenesses of me participating in a TUNA sponsored event for news, information, illustration, promotion or advertising purposes. This right shall include the right of TUNA to provide any such photographic image or likeness for the use of any sponsor, advertiser, or benefactor of TUNA or TUNA sponsored event for such purposes.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during any participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against TUNA on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.