The undersigned hereby acknowledges their understanding that participating or observing as a spectator at the above event/activity is voluntary and conditioned upon compliance with the following safety precautions and acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. The undersigned agrees that they have or will conduct a daily symptom assessment (self-evaluation) prior to participation/attending and will stay at home if experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. The undersigned will stay at home if he/she has been exposed to any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past fourteen (14) days.
2. The undersigned understands that participation/attendance at the above-identified activity involves risks and dangers including, but not limited to accidents, illnesses, and death, including but not limited to COVID-19 and any related or derivative disease or condition. In exchange for the Board allowing such participation/attendance, the undersigned hereby assumes all risks, including those set forth above, and releases, discharges, promises not to sue, and/or waives any and all liability, claims, damages, causes of action and/or demands against the Olentangy Local School District Board of Education (“Board”) and its employees of every kind and nature which may arise from or in connection with the activity. The undersigned further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Board and its employees from any claim arising out of or related to their participation/attendance at the activity, including the Board’s reasonable attorney fees.
3. The undersigned agrees to comply with any and all federal, state, and Board rules and regulations, including but not limited to those related to health, safety, and/or the spread of contagious disease, including but not limited to COVID-19 and any related or derivative disease or condition and may be revoked at any time. (See Attached).
By signing, the undersigned acknowledges that he/she has read and understands the above terms and voluntarily accepts them.
COVID-19 SAFETY RULES CHECKLIST: GENERAL RULES FOR ALL ACTIVITIES
- Adhere to physical six-foot distancing.
- No spectators permitted other than parents/guardians. Six-foot social distancing is required and face masks are requested when inside a facility.
- Conduct daily symptom assessments (self-evaluation). Anyone experiencing symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell, must stay home.
- No group water coolers or shared drinking stations. Bring individual water containers.
- No touch rule - refrain from high fives, huddles, or other close contact before, during, or after skills sessions unless the contact is for the purpose of safety. No congregation before or after a training or practice session. Refrain from spitting, eating seeds, or chewing gum.
- Time should be allotted between sessions to allow teams to exit prior to new teams arriving. Do not arrive more than 10 minutes early.
- If possible, coaches and spectators should wear face coverings at all times and athletes wear face coverings at all times while not actively participating in the field of play.
- Replace in-person meetings with virtual meetings whenever possible.
- Equipment and personal items should have proper separation and should not be shared. Bring your own mats, towels, bands, and/or equipment to the extent possible. If equipment must be shared, proper sanitation should be administered between users as well as before and after every session.
- Immediately isolate and seek medical care for any individual who develops symptoms. Contact the local health district about suspected cases or exposure and to identify potentially infected or exposed individuals to help facilitate effective contact tracing/notifications.
- Athletes should travel to the venue alone or with a member of their immediate household. Persons responsible for transportation, if not yourself, should wait in the parking lot.
- Anyone using the weight room must sign-in and those sign-in sheets will be maintained for potential contact tracing needs.
- Wear face coverings and gloves if possible, based on activity.
- To the extent possible, eliminate drills done with a partner.
- Limit the use of fans. If fan use is necessary, place fans to blow away from people.
- Keep doors open and open exterior doors to the extent available.
- Parents/guardians or other person responsible for transportation, if not yourself, should wait in the parking lot.