We pledge to you:
- First and foremost, always prioritize the health and safety of our community.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and the Government of the District of Columbia.
- Promote social distancing, adhere to the maximum capacity guidelines, require all staff to wear PPE including face masks while in public spaces, and employ new policies - such as no eating or gathering in public spaces - until it once again is safe to do so.
- Increase the frequency of cleanings that take place throughout the day, especially in high-traffic areas. Additionally, the EDCJCC will close once a month for a deep cleaning of the entire facility, and increased circulation of fresh air will be maintained throughout the building using our new HVAC and Direct Outdoor Air Supply Unit.
- Continue to educate all staff on policies and guidelines so they can provide the safest and most enjoyable experience for all visitors.
We ask you to pledge to:
- Refrain from entering the Center if in the past fourteen days, you or someone you’ve been in close contact with has had a body temperature of 100.4+ degrees or have experienced any of the symptoms itemized below:
- Fever orchills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue, muscle, or bodyaches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runnynose
- Nausea, vomiting, ordiarrhea
- Agree to have your body temperature taken with a non-contact forehead thermometer immediately upon entering the Center.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet of distance between others and myself.
- Wear a protective facemask that covers my nose and mouth when entering and walking around the Center. This requirement does not apply to children under two or to individuals who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition. Fitness Center members may lower or remove their face mask if it inhibits breathing during aerobic activity.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds upon entering the Center and prior to exiting the Center.
- Avoid using any furniture, spaces, equipment, entrances/exits, or other areas, such as locker rooms and specific restrooms, that have been designated as closed-off.
- Be mindful that these regulations are subject to change based on changing requirements and recommendations provided by public health resources.
- Adhere to the new rules and regulations specific to individual spaces such as the Fitness Center and Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Wing. These regulations will be provided to users of these spaces in a separate correspondence.
- Until the building opens to the community at large, only arrive to use the Center during scheduled appointment times, and adhere to all check in and check out procedures.
By signing this agreement and waiver of liability, I acknowledge and agree that:
- The Edlavitch DCJCC (EDCJCC) has put in place rules, policies, guidelines, signage, and instructions (collectively, Preventive Measures) to reduce the risk of spreading the Coronavirus/COVID-19;
- I will comply with all EDCJCC Preventive Measures;
- The health and safety of the community is of the utmost important to the EDCJCC, as reflected in the Preventive Measures put in place;
- I am personally responsible for my safety and the actions of those of my family and anyone under my care when using the EDCJCC’s facilities;
- For myself and my family and those under my care, I assume the foregoing risks and release the EDCJCC, its board members, officers, agents, employees and successors of the foregoing (collectively, the “EDCJCC Organization”) from all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action arising from any loss, damage, injury or death that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19, other than if by gross negligence of the EDCJCC Organization, while participating in any EDCJCC activity or using the EDCJCC’s facilities or materials;
- I have read and understand the foregoing waiver of liability and sign it voluntarily;
- I am at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
- This agreement and waiver of liability is governed by District of Columbia law.
Date: February 28, 2021