Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct
Please read carefully and fully
- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors of the riding centre. I will not enter any horse area without a member of staff. I will not run, shout or scream while on and around the horses.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate (current BSI Standard) riding helmet may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding helmet whilst on and around the horses. I will also wear suitable footwear when riding.
- I understand that body protectors are not provided and it is my choice whether or not to supply and wear my own.
- I understand that for my personal safety, cameras, mobile phones, cigarettes and sharp, hard or bulky objects cannot be carried while riding as they may increase the severity of an injury should an accident happen. Valuables and Jewellery should be locked away and keys left at reception.
- I understand that the riding centre will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
- my abilities and riding experience
- any previous riding accidents
- any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children that I am responsible for under close supervision.
- I understand that the riding centre may refuse my request to ride or alter the activity provided for safety or operational reasons.
RIDING IS A RISK SPORT – Please read carefully before signing:
I have read and fully understand the Llangorse Multi Activity Centre Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct, above. I have received satisfactory answers to any questions I have asked regarding the Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct. If I have any further questions, queries or concerns regarding my voluntary participation in riding at Llangorse Multi Activity Centre, I will raise them with a member of staff or my instructor immediately.
My choice to ride here is voluntary. I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and participation holds potential danger, and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions. I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk and agree that Llangorse Multi Activity Centre will not be liable for injury or damage to property unless it is caused by their negligence. I will listen to all instructions given to me by staff and instructors of the centre and pay attention to all practical demonstrations.
I confirm that to the best of my knowledge all the details I have provided on this waiver are correct.
Riders UNDER 16 years of age: Where I am signing on behalf of a minor I have explained the Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct to my child and we both understand and accept the risk and agree that Llangorse Multi Activity Centre will not be liable for injury or damage to property unless it is caused by their negligence.
GDPR / Data Protection Act 2018: Statement: I understand that information I have given will be held in accordance with data protection regulations but may also be made available to Insurers and other concerned parties in the event of an injury or accident.
Today's Date: August 11, 2020
If you are a Parent or Guardian, and your children will be participating in the activity with you, please add them on your form by selecting 'Adult and Minor(s)' below.
For other children, the child's Parent or Guardian will need to complete the form on their behalf. If you are not participating with the children, select 'Minor(s)' below to complete the form for the children only.