From: Rinx Entertainment Centre Inc. ("Rinx")
To: All patrons/guests/participants (collectively the "Participant") of Rinx Entertainment Centre Inc., located at 65 Orfus Road and 67 Dufflaw Road, Toronto (collectively the "Facility")
The participant named below acknowledges that they are aware of the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic and the evolving nature of the health crisis, including the danger of community spread and the risks posed to the health of those who contract COVID-19/Coronavirus.
In a concerted effort to mitigate the effects of the Coronavirus outbreak the participant agrees to the following when on the grounds of the Facility:
- The participant has not displayed any COVID-19 symptoms including – fever (temperature above 38c), dry cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days.
- The Participant represents that they have not been in contact with someone who is suspected of having COVID-19/Coronavirus within the past 14 days.
- The Participant agrees to notify Rinx via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if they become aware of information that poses to the Facility's operation a potential health danger that is previously unknown.
- The Participant agrees in all respects to comply with the most current versions of the guidlines of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Health - including all directional & safety signage posted within the Facility.
- The maximum number of people allowed on the ice surface/rink area at all times is 10 persons.
- The Participant agrees to arrive at the exact start time of their booking/rental. For Rink 1, please enter at 65 Orfus Road. For Rink 2 & 3, please enter at 67 Dufflaw Road. Change rooms and chairs next to the arena surface will be available.
- In accordance with City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020, the Participant agrees to wear a mask or face covering when inside of the Facility. The Participant may take off the mask or face covering when they enter onto the ice surface but must put the mask or face covering on when the session is finished.
- The Participant will refrain from connecting physically with any other person during their booking/rental and the Participant will respect the minimum required physical distancing (2m/6’) at all times, even while on the ice.
- The Participant represents that they have read this acknowledgment in its entirety.
Assumption of Risk
By signing this acknowledgement, the Participant understands that Facility staff cannot guarantee that the Participant will not contract COVID-19/Coronavirus at the Facility, and each Participant fully assumes any and all risks posed to them that may result from the Participant entering the Facility.
Acceptance of Policies
Participants not adhering to the Facility's guidelines and policies may be asked to leave the Facility, at the discretion of Facility staff.
The Participant agrees to release and hold harmless i) Rinx, and any affiliates and each of such entities' respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all known and unknown liabilities, obligations, claims, demands, losses or damages that I, or my successors-in-interest or anyone claiming under me or them may hereinafter have for all injuries, illnesses, damages, costs or expenses sustained or incurred by me or any other person or any of my property or the property of any participants during any activity at Rinx and the Facility.
By signing this release, I certify that I am aware of and know of the risks and dangers associated with all activities at the Facility, including but not limited to damage or injury from pucks, sticks, rink boards, the ice surface, and/or acts or omissions of others (intentional or negligent) and I voluntarily assume all risks and dangers associated with participation in any activity at the Facility whether on-ice or elsewhere in the Facility or parking lots. The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as COVID-19) from the activities involved at the Facility are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and even illness do exist. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the Releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
I have read, or had explained to me, this agreement and I fully understand its terms, have full authority to bind myself to this agreement and understand that by doing so I accept the risks and responsibilities outlined. I understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing this agreement and I sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
October 20, 2020