On Time Arrival and Return
Ocean Runner has speciffically scheduled someone to assist you with the setup and return of the vessels. We also want you to have the most amount of time possible for your day on the water. Your entire group must be at Low Key Watersports by 8:30 to prepare for your departure. When arriving please check in with a staff member.
There will be a $75 per half hour charge for any late arrivals in either the morning or when you return the boat in the afternoon.
Rent at Your Own Risk
For and in consideration of permitting the undersigned persons to lease the vessel, the undersigned individually, and their individual heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish any and all actions or causes of actions for personal injury, property damage or wrong death occurring to themselves arising at any time against Ocean Runner Power Boat Rental. LLC., or its employees or subcontractors as a result of the lease, use, or operation of the leased vessel. The undersigned, for themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns agrees that in the event any claim for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death shall be prosecuted against Ocean Runner Power Boat Rental, LLC, its employees or subcontractors, arising out of or in any way connected with the lease of the vessel, that they shall hold harmless Ocean Runner Power Boat Rental, LLC, its employees and subcontractors from said claim. It is the intention of the undersigned by this instrument, to exempt and relieve Ocean Runner Power Boat Rental. LLC and its employees and subcontractors from liability for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death caused by negligence. The undersigned each acknowledge that he/she has completely read this agreement and that they understand the potential dangers incidental to engaging in power boating and that they are fully aware of the legal consequences of signing this document.
Have Read, Understand and Agree to the Rules & Charges as listed and to the terms of this contract
Boston Whaler Replacement Costs
- Sticker Damage: $20/ inch
- Propeller: $250
- Gel Coat Damage: $250+
- Bottom Paint: $400
- Fender: $115
- Lower Unit: $3,500
- Bow Light: $85
- Ice Chest: $150
- Anchor: $150
- Chain: $40
- Line: $150
- Dock Lines: $35
- Cushions: $200
- Bent Skeg: $1,500
- Engine Cowling: $1,000
*Anything not listed is $90 per hour plus materials*
**Damages may also include the below costs:
- Labor - $80.00 per hour plus materials
- Haul out for Estimate - $150.00
- $295.00 each day the boat is out of service
I AgreeI have read and understand the replacement costs of the vessel.
Rules and Fees
YOUR AGREEMENT INDICATES A FULL UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF EACH AND EVERY PARAGRAPH.
A FULL DAY rental is from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS! *CUSTOMERS WILL BE BILLED AT A RATE OF $75.00 PER QUARTER HOUR OVER THE RENTAL TIME.
A HALF DAY RENTAL is either from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. *CUSTOMERS WILL BE BILLED AT A RATE OF $75.00 PER QUARTER HOUR OVER THE RENTAL TIME.
- The boats are fully fueled prior to departure (at least 5 gallons). This is plenty of fuel for the normal route from Cruz Bay to Waterlemon Cay and back. Doubling up on any portion of this route may result in running out of fuel. If you are to run out of fuel, you will be charged a $200.00 fee for one of our staff members to come out to your location to assist, in addition to the cost of fuel brought out to get you back to our location.
- The navigation route will be on the NORTH SHORE OF ST. JOHN, and not to exceed WATERLEMON CAY. The boat is not permitted to go south past the starting point of Cruz Bay. Under no circumstances are you to take the boat out of USVI waters, or deviate from this route. *CUSTOMERS who deviate from permitted route (US waters or BVI waters) will be fined up to $5,000.00 per day.
- The combined weight of all participants going out on the vessel does not exceed the listed weight limit or 5 passenger limit.
- Any operator of this boat is 21 years or older.
- I understand that fishing of any kind is prohibited on this vessel.
- The boat is to be turned in within a similar manner as it went out; clean and sand free! Please ensure that any trash, sand, hair, suntan lotion and clothing are removed before the whaler is checked back in. Failure to do so, will result in a $200.00 charge. There is to be NO usage of any aerosol type sunscreen on board the boat.
- The employee conducting your check-out will inspect the propeller prior to departure. MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT ALSO. If damaged during the day, you are responsible.
- Customer is responsible for the boat and any damages he/she causes to it or by it, including damage caused by its wake.
- Do not sit on the bow area when the boat is in motion.
- Always keep the boat in at least 10 feet of water. The boat may under NO circumstances ever be beached.
- I understand the engine's starting procedures completely before leaving Cruz Bay.
- I understand that most boating accidents are alcohol-related. I also understand that consumption of alcohol while operating this boat can cause serious liability problems on my part, and is strictly prohibited.
- I understand that SCUBA diving, waterskiing or other watersports with the exception of swimming and snorkeling are STRICTLY PROHIBITED while operating this boat. Ocean Runner reserves the right to charge up to $500.00 additional charge if these strictures are not adhered to.
- The undersigned agrees to refrain from snorkeling or swimming if any alcohol has been consumed.
- Lifejackets are for emergency use only. Lights will activate upon contact with water. I acknowledge I will be charged a replacement and repackaging charge for all lights and jackets used in nonemergency situations.
BOAT RENTAL CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- RELEASE The Knowingly and voluntarily releases and forever discharge Ocean Runner Power Boat Rental, LLC, and Ringo Leasing, and all its employees, officers, directors successors, heirs and assigns from any and all liability, damages, claims and demands whatsoever, resulting from the use, pursuant to this lease of the equipment.
Date: January 17, 2021