Completed waivers must be submitted prior to participating in, and/or attending, the Organizer’s Activity. This form is mandatory for all visitors to Stevens Creek Farm, including all riders, officials, family members, spectators, volunteers, grooms, coaches, and anyone wishing to attend clinics, camps, lessons or competitions at SCF.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
By signing below, the Participant (named below) and/or the Participant’s Guardian represents that the Participant:
- Has nottravelled, or will nottravel, internationally during the 14 days preceding the start of the Activity;
- Has not visited, or will not visit, a COVID-19 high risk area, region or location in Canada during the 14 days preceding the start of the Activity;
- Does not knowingly have COVID-19;
- Is not experiencing known symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, and if experiences such symptoms during the Activity will immediately withdraw from the Activity and depart from the premises;
- Will not, in the 14 days leading up to the Activity knowingly come into contact with someone who has COVID-19, who has known symptoms of COVID-19, or is selfquarantining after returning to Canada; and,
- For the duration of the Activity, will abide by the Organizer’s policies, procedures, and protocols, including physical distancing, and all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, by-laws and orders as they may exist from time to time. The Participant and/or the Participant’s Guardian understands, acknowledges, and assumes the potential for bodily injury or illness(including contraction of COVID-19) and contact or interaction with others who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
The Participant and/or the Participant’s Guardian further understands and acknowledges that horseback riding is a dangerous sport and assumes the inherent risks in participating in activities that involve horseback riding, handling and grooming of horses and other stable activities, including, but not limited to: permanent disability, paralysis, or loss of life; collision with natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect venue or field of play conditions; equipment failure; participants of varying skill levels; inadequate safety measures; circumstances known, unknown or beyond the control of the Organizer, its owners/operators (Andy de Ste. Croix and Estelle [Teddie] Laframboise), its partners, sponsors, agents, affiliates, directors, employees, officers, therapists, adjoining landowners (where neighboring property is used) or volunteers (together, the “Organization”); negligence or omission of the Organization (collectively, the “Risks”).
In consideration for allowing the Participant to participate in the Activity, the Participant and/or the Participant’s Guardian: (a) release, discharge and forever hold harmless the Organization from any and all liability for damages or loss arising as a result of the Risks of participation in or in connection with the Activity; (b) waive any right to sue the Organization in respect of all causes of action (including for injuries or illness caused by their own negligence), claims, demands, damages or losses of any kind that may arise as a result of the Risks of participation in or in connection with the Activity, including without limitation the right to make a third party claim or claim over against the Organization arising from the same; and (c) freely assumes all risks associated with the Risks, anything incidental to the risks which may arise as a result of participation in/or connection with the Activity. YOU ARE GIVING UP LEGAL RIGHTS TO ANY AND ALL FUTURE CLAIMS AGAINST THE ORGANIZATION.
I confirm that I have read and fully understand this waiver and release of liability. I sign this waiver and release of liability voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or warranty being made to me.
Date: November 26, 2020