My signature below confirms that I understand and agree to comply with the following “Rules and Regulations for Kayak and SUP rental in the preserve as stated below. I also understand that this activity may involve some risks, and that I am liable for loss or damage to the rental equipment and for the personal safety of the occupants. I therefore agree that I am assuming all risks in connection with my participation in renting kayaks/SUPs at Weedon Island.
- At least one person in a tandem must be 18 years of age
- Canoe/kayak the trails at your own risk; County staff and volunteers, and Sweetwater and staff are not responsible for personal injury or loss of property.
- Maximum tandem kayak capacity is 3 persons if one is a child under the age of 9. Otherwise capacity is limited to two persons.
- Florida law requires that children under 6 years of age MUST wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD).
- All others must have a PFD in their possession. Not to be used as a seat cushion.
- All individuals must know how to swim or must be wearing a PFD.
- Do not feed or provoke wildlife.
- Intentional capsizing or swamping is prohibited.
- No swimming is allowed.
- Equipment will not be removed from Weedon Island Preserve.
- No Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the preserve.
As a condition of my participation, I further agree, represent and warrant to Sweetwater Kayaks, Pinellas County, and its agencies through the use of my signature that:
1. I have sufficient physical strength, endurance and experience to enable me to participate.
2. I do not have any health problems or medical conditions that might preclude my participation.
3. I will follow instructions given to me by any persons conducting the activity, including wearing life preservers or similar protective equipment.
4. I also know that the activity could be dangerous, and I will take appropriate precautions to minimize the possibility of injury to others and myself.
5. I am responsible for all damage incurred, unless I paid the $5 damage waiver per vessel with my reservation.
6. I assume all responsibility for any minors that are in my party.
7. I am bringing a cell phone on the water and it will be turned on and accessible.
8. I authorize you to charge my credit card & I agree that a $40/hr LATE FEE will be charged to my credit card for each vessel returned late.
I understand that Pinellas County and Sweetwater Kayaks are relying on these statements in allowing me to participate in the activity. I also understand that by signing below, I am releasing the Department of Environmental Management. Pinellas County, Sweetwater Kayaks and their respective officers, employees, and agents from any liability for personal injury or property damage if I, or anyone under my control, is injured or property is damaged, whether before, during, or after participating in the activity, which means, I am agreeing not to sue them if anything happens to me or my property. By signing below, I am also agreeing to indemnify and hold them harmless from and against any claim, damage, loss, cost, expense, or other liability (including, without limitation their attorney’s fees and costs of defense) in the event a claim is made against one or more of them as a result on my participation of the activity.
Today's Date: November 30, 2021