ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST COMPLY WITH THIS DECLARATION
BC Wheelchair Sports Association and its member clubs (collectively the “Organization”) require the disclosure
of exposure or illness in order to safeguard the health and safety of all participants and limit the further
outbreak of COVID-19 and other contagious disease. This Declaration of Compliance will be kept safely and
personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with your consent.
An individual (or the individual’s parent/guardian, if the individual is younger than the age of majority) who is
unable to agree to the terms outlined in this document is not permitted to enter the Organization’s facilities or
participate in the Organization’s activities, programs, or services.
I, the undersigned being the individual named above and the individual’s parent/guardian (if the individual is
younger than the age of majority), hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document:
1) The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health
Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative
measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and requires all individuals (or their parent/guardian, when
applicable) to adhere to the compliance standards described in this document.
2) The individual has not been diagnosed with COVID-19; OR If the individual was diagnosed with COVID-19,
the individual is permitted to end their isolation as determined by Public Health by meeting the following 3 criteria: at least 5 days have
passed since the onset of symptoms or a positive test (if no symptoms); fever (if present) has resolved without the use of medications
AND symptoms have improved or subsided.
3) The individual is attending or participating voluntarily and understands the risks associated with COVID-19.
The individual (or the individual’s parent/guardian, on behalf of the individual (when applicable)) agrees to
assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected.
4) The individual is not currently experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (including fever, new or worsening
cough, fatigue, chills and body aches, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, pink eye, or loss of taste or
smell). OR if the individual is experiencing mild symptoms as above it has been at least 5 days since the onset of symptoms or a positive
test in the case of no symptoms.
5) If the individual experiences any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the individual will
follow the guidance of Public Health (and the Organizing Committee in the case of an event) AND not attend any of the Organization’s
facilities, activities, programs or services until at least 5 days have passed since those symptoms were first experienced.
6) The individual is following recommended guidelines and protocols of the Provincial Government.
Furthermore, by signing below, the Participant or the Participant’s Guardian agrees that while attending or
participating in the Organization's events or attending at the Organization’s facilities, the Participant:
1. Will follow the safety hygiene protocols of the Organization as outlined in the
BCWSA Return to Sport Guidelines for their sport.
2. Will, in the event that the Participant experiences any symptoms of illness such as a fever, cough,
difficulty breathing, shortness of breath or malaise, immediately:
a. Inform a representative of the Organization; and
b. Depart from the event or facility.
3. Acknowledges that the Organization may remove the individual from the facility or from participation
in the activities, programs or services of the Organization at any time and for any reason if the
Organization believes, in its sole discretion, that the individual is no longer in compliance with any of
the standards described in this document.
This document will remain in effect until the Organization, per the direction of the provincial government and
provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no