Between The Indoor Climbing Centre Pty LTD T/A CityROCK, hereafter referred to as
And The Climber, or any person entering CityROCK, hereafter referred to as the
CityROCK and the Climber have entered into an agreement in terms whereof CityROCK has allowed the Climber to make use of its facilities on the terms and conditions below.
CityROCK Exception Agreement
I acknowledge the fact that there is an inherent danger in the sport of rock climbing, including, but not limited to injury or death, and I understand that no amount of care, caution, instruction or expertise can eliminate this inherent danger completely.
I confirm that CityROCK has made an exception to their standard rules and regulations as per my request and I take full responsibility for my actions. I agree to not advertise or discuss my agreed upon exception in anyway, with any other persons or on social media and that this exception is for me alone. I am fully aware of the significant risks of climbing and that a fall may result in:
- Impact with the ground.
- Hard impact with climbing wall surface.
- Feet hitting holds and injuring feet, legs, etc.Inverting through hitting holds, having ropes tangled behind the climber's legs or other causes, which may result in serious injury.
- Severe abrasions due to rope burn and contact with the climbing surface
The following are key to safe climbing:
- Tying in properly with a double figure eight.
- Connecting belay device correctly with rope through carabiner.
- Buddy check.
- Clear verbal commands, verbal and visual communication with your climbing partner.
- Clipping the quickdraws the correct way.
- Always ensuring all safety points are tripple checked before proceeding.
- Not belaying directly under the climber.
- Being aware of the features of the climbing wall that may get in the way of a climbing fall such as an overhang or arête.
I have read and understood all the gym rules and I agree to abide by them. I understand that if what I am doing is unsafe and/or I breach any of the rules CityROCK reserves the right to permanently revoke my privileges and deny me access to their facilities.
The Climber acknowledges that the activity in which he/she participates in by its very nature dangerous and carries inherent risks. These risks could cause him/her to sustain bodily injury or death and/or suffer damages and the Climber waives any claim however arising against CityROCK or its members, employees or any third party.
The Climber makes use of CityROCK's facilities at entirely his/her own risk. The Climber agrees that CityROCK will not be held liable and/or responsible for any loss, injury, damages, death, and/or compensation of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result thereof.
We will not be responsible for, and shall not pay for, any loss, damage or theft of items left unattended.
I understand that this exception is not apart of CityROCK's usual rules and regulations and can be revoked at any time. I agree to at all times to uphold the safety rules and not act recklessly with my life or put others at risk.