The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and local governments and federal and provincial health agencies recommend social distancing. Trio Sportsplex (“the Facility”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Facility cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, renting and or attending any indoor programming/games/parties could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge and am fully aware of the contagious nature, the risks and hazards with respect to COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending and participating at the Facility and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Facility may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Facility employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I freely and voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks with respect to COVID-19 and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with attendance and participation at the Facility. I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Trio Sportsplex, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Facility, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Facility, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any of the Facility’s programming and games.
Appendix B – Participant Agreement Application – all athletes, coaches, members, volunteers, participants and family members of participants while in attendance at Trio Sportsplex (“Participants”). The Participant acknowledges that they are aware of the national, and provincial state of emergency caused by COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving nature of the health crisis, including the danger of community spread and risk posed to the health of those who contract COVID-19. All Participants agree to abide by the following points when entering TRIO Sportsplex and/or participating in rental/ training/ team activities under Re-Opening and COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan:
1) I agree to symptom screening checks and will let my coach/ instructor or team know if I have experienced any of the symptoms in the last 14 days
2) I agree to stay home if feeling sick and remain home for 14 days if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
3) I agree to sanitize my hands upon entering & exiting of TRIO Sportsplex with soap or hand sanitizer.
4) I agree to sanitize the equipment I use throughout my practices with approved cleaning products provided by my team (shared and personal equipment).
5) I agree to continue to follow physical distancing protocols of staying at least 2 meters away from people outside of my soccer bubble.
6) I agree to not share any equipment during practice, training or games with people outside of my soccer bubble.
7) I agree to abide by all of TRIO Sportsplex COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines.
8) I understand that if I do not abide by the aforementioned policies/ guidelines, that I may be asked to leave TRIO Sportsplex for up to 14 days to help protect myself and other around me.
9) I acknowledge that continued abuse of the policies and/or guidelines may result in an expulsion from TRIO Sportsplex.
10) I acknowledge that there are risks associated with entering TRIO Sportsplex and/or participating in activities within TRIO Sportsplex, and the measures taken by TRIO Sportsplex, including those set out above and under the COVID-19 Re-Opening Plan, will not entirely eliminate those risks.
The participant signature below is made freely and voluntarily; recognizing TRIO Sportsplex management is relying on these truthful representations in re-opening business operations of the facility and providing the services the customer/ participant is seeking.
Signed Date: May 8, 2021