In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for per- manent paralysis and death.
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my partic- ipation.
- I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual signifi- cant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
Waiver: I the undersigned participant, intending to be legally bound, hereby certify that I am physically fit and have not been otherwise informed or instructed by a physician to avoid physical activities and specifically those falling into categories undertaken through my participation in this and other club events. This acknowledgement is in recognition of my planned participation in club events for up to 12-months with the understanding that I am responsible for notifying club and event hosts or organizers of any new instructions provided to me by a physician that would impact my ongoing and safe participation in club events. I acknowledge that I am aware of all the risks inherent in Pool, Ocean and Open Water swimming, paddling and similar recreational activities and sports (training and competition) including the possible permanent disability or death and agree to assume all of those risks. AS A CONDITION OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THE SWIMMING PROGRAM OR ANY ACTIVITIES INCIDENT THERETO, I HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ALL CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE, OF THE FOLLOWING: THE BRUCKNER CHASE OCEAN POSITIVE FOUNDATION AND IT'S PARTNERS, HOST FACILITIES, LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY, EVENT AND TEAM SPONSORS, EVENT COMMITTEES, OR ANY INDIVIDUALS PROVIDING LIFEGUARD SERVICES, OFFICIATING OR SUPERVISING ACTIVITIES. In addition, I agree to abide by and be governed by all safety rules of the local hosts, local support agencies, local government agencies and Bruckner Chase Ocean Positive, Inc staff as shared, verbally provided or posted while acknowledging that these guidelines may be changed due to variable conditions in the venues where activities will take place. I agree to abide by ALL instructions from the onsite supervisors coaches and lifeguards and will follow those instructions immediately for my own safety and the safety of others. I further agree to allow any photographic or video images to be used for promotion of the club's and Ocean Positive, Inc's mission and message on ocean and community safety, well-being, capacity building, conservation and fitness.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT Ocean Positive is committed to the highest ideals of sport, fitness and training and expects all those joining us to honor the sports in which we participate and the Ocean Positive mission. All Blue Journey Unified participants agree to the following code:
- Positive Competition • My actions in training and competition will follow the highest ideals of sportsmanship and fair play. • My actions will bring respect to myself, my training partners, my fellow competitors, my coaches and Ocean Positive. • My actions will respect and honor others even in the most intense moments of competition or training.
- Positive Training & Well-Being • My training will be appropriate to keep me safe while moving towards the goals my coach and I have set. • My training will follow the rules of the sport, and I will learn to take part so that I protect myself and others. • My training will respect and follow the advice of my coaches and training partners. I will work with them to develop ways to address personal training or competition needs that protect myself and others as I pursue my goals.
- Positive Actions • My actions will always respect others. Training sessions and events are not a place for personal interactions that do not support the sport or empower individuals as unique members of our community. I will not make inappropriate or unwanted physical, verbal or sexual advances on others, and I will report to program leadership any instances in which I do not feel respected and safe. • My actions at events, competition and training will be in line with the highest ideals of sport and obey all laws or rules of the hosts, organizers, venues and areas in which the events take place.
I understand that if I do not follow these codes of conduct, I may not be able to participate in Ocean Positive’s Blue Journey Unified programs.