New York City Dance Alliance Authorization, Waiver and Release
In order to induce New York City Dance Alliance Inc., and its affiliates, successors and assigns, including, but not limited to, Onstage New York Inc. and New York City Dance Alliance Foundation, Inc. (collectively referred to as “NYCDA”) to register Participant, and allow Participant to participate, whether in person or through remote learning via the internet, in any and all events which includes, but may not be limited to performing on stage, dance classes, rehearsals, or any other activity organized by NYCDA ( the “Events”), I, as Participant, or as the parent or legal guardian of Participant if he or she is a minor (“Minor Participant”) (“collectively referred to as “PARTICIPANT”), hereby acknowledge, accept and represent the following:
- PARTICIPANT, on their own behalf and on behalf of Participant, hereby waives and releases all claims, liabilities, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever for injuries the Participant might sustain, known or unknown, arising out of the Events or its related activities, now or always in the future. PARTICIPANT agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NYCDA or any individual identified as associated with the organization of the Events, from and against any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever, whether in law or equity, known or unknown, incurred by NYCDA and arising out of, or in any way related, directly or indirectly, to the Participant’s attendance at, and/or participation in, the Events.
- PARTICIPANT acknowledges and agrees that participating in the Events includes strenuous physical activity and involves foreseeable risks of serious injury (including paralysis and even death) with or without the negligence of others and that PARTICIPANT acknowledges that Participant is assuming the risk of such injury or illness by participating in the Events.
- In the event of injury, accident and/or illness, PARTICIPANT expressly authorizes NYCDA to obtain necessary medical treatment for him or her and hereby releases and holds harmless NYCDA, and any persons participating in any such medical treatment, from all responsibility for any such actions and in the exercises of this authority. PARTICIPANT further acknowledges and understands that Participant will be responsible for any and all medical and related bills that may be incurred on Participant’s behalf for any illness, accident or injury that Participant may sustain during the Events and while traveling to and from the site of the Events.
- IMAGE RELEASE. PARTICIPANT understands that NYCDA produces promotional material relating to its programs from time to time. PARTICIPANT understands that as a participant and/or spectator of the Events that Participant may be included in video or photographs taken during the Events. Therefore, without reservation or limitations, PARTICIPANT hereby assigns, transfers and grants to NYCDA, its successors, assigns, licensees, sponsors, any television networks, and all other commercial exhibitors, the exclusive right to photograph and/or video, with or without audio, Participant and utilize such videos and photographs and Participant’s name, face, likeness, voice and appearance as a part of the Events, in any publicity, promotional publications, advertising and promoting the Events or in advertising and promoting similar future Events, which may include NYCDA’s website, social media, newspaper ads, bulletin boards, newsletters, programs, brochures, public broadcasting releases, etc. Participant further understands that neither NYCDA nor any third party is under any obligation to exercise any of the foregoing rights, licenses and privileges.
PARTICIPANT hereby warrants that he or she has read this Authorization, Waiver and Release in its entirety and fully understand it contents. Participant, and the parent or legal guardian of the Minor Participant, is aware that this Authorization, Waiver and Release releases NYCDA from all Liability, contains an acknowledgement of Participant’s voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury or illness, authorization for Medical Treatment, and an appearance authorization. PARTICIPANT further acknowledge that Participant has signed this document voluntarily and that nothing in this Authorization, Waiver and Release constitutes a guarantee that the Events will occur.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/ COVID-19
Participant, and the Parent or legal guardian of the Minor Participant (“collectively referred to as “PARTICIPANT”), understands and acknowledges that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
New York City Dance Alliance Inc., and its affiliates, successors and assigns, including, but not limited to, Onstage New York Inc. and New York City Dance Alliance Foundation, Inc. (collectively referred to as “NYCDA”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, NYCDA cannot guarantee that the PARTICIPANT, who visit its location or who participate in any event or program sponsored by NYCDA will not become infected with COVID-19.
- By signing below, PARTICIPANT, acknowledges the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk that PARTICIPANT or PARTICIPANT’s family, may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending NYCDA’s premises and/or participating in an event or program sponsored by NYCDA and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. PARTICIPANT understands that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at such premises or as a result of participation or attendance at any such event or program may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of PARTICIPANT, including, but not limited to, NYCDA, other attendees or participants at such event or program or their families.
- PARTICIPANT, hereby irrevocably releases, waives, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless each of the NYCDA, its successors and assigns, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and their heirs, executors, and administrators (“RELEASEES”) from any and all liability to PARTICIPANT for any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, losses, awards, judgments, injuries or damages (including reasonable attorney fees and related costs incurred by any of the RELEASEES) caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19 or exposure thereto.
- PARTICIPANT further agrees that Participant will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to COVID-19 (including wearing a face mask, frequent hand washing, bringing my own water bottle, and any other similar requirements).
- PARTICIPANT agrees that Participant will not attend or participate in any event or program conducted at or sponsored by NYCDA, for at least 14 days after returning from highly impacted areas subject to a CDC or other applicable State or Local travel restrictions, exposure to any person returning or traveling from areas subject to a CDC or other applicable State or Local travel restrictions, or exposure to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. In addition, Participant will not attend or participate in any event or program conducted at or sponsored by NYCDA, for at least 14 days if Participant or anyone else in Participant’s household (i) experience symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough or shortness of breath, or (ii) has a suspected or diagnosed/confirmed case of COVID-19. PARTICIPANT agrees to immediately notify NYCDA if PARTICIPANT believes that any of the foregoing restrictions apply.
PARTICIPANT hereby warrants that he or she has read this Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/ COVID-19 in its entirety and fully understand it contents. PARTICIPANT further acknowledge that PARTICIPANT have signed this document voluntarily, and knowingly consent to the terms stated herein.