THE SWIMMING FACILITIES AT the ACA Camp SB2 on Lake Sebago are not always supervised by a lifeguard or other responsible person. At any time that a lifeguard is not on duty, in place of on-site supervision, this facility has established a series of safeguards to be followed by all guests.
We are required to notify you of these rules, to ensure that water rescue equipment is at the beachside and that the swimming area is maintained in a sanitary manner. In the interest of your safety and that of your guests, we require you to follow these rules.
Please read the safety rules located at the entrance and outlined in this document. If you have any questions, we will be happy to discuss them with you.
- NEVER SWIM ALONE. A minimum of two adults 18 years of age or older, must be present whenever this swimming facility is in use, with at least one adult on the swim dock.
- THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR ADEQUATE SUPERVISION. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied to the bathing facility by a parent or guardian, or similar adult responsible for their safety and behavior.
- IN AN EMERGENCY, NOTIFY THE CAMP DIRECTOR AND CONTACT HELP IMMEDIATELY. A free telephone is provided at this facility. It is located in the top right cubby on the swim area dock. Dial 911 in the case of an emergency.
- Only use this facility during posted hours of operation and swim only in the designated bathing area.
- Don’t drink alcohol and swim.
Injuries can be prevented and safety is everyone’s responsibility. If you notice any problems with the water quality or the absence of safety equipment, please notify the camp director or lifeguard.
YOUR SAFETY IS IMPORTANT TO US. HAVE A SAFE & ENJOYABLE STAY.
After you have read this brochure, please sign below. Only guests of this facility who have received and read this brochure may use the bathing area.
I have read and understand the bathing safety rules at this facility.
I understand that at times there will be no lifeguard on duty at this facility.
I will abide by the rules listed above.