In consideration of the services of Uinta Recreation LLC, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "URL"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge URL, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that my participation in ATV, UTV, personal watercraft, jet skis, kayak, paddleboards, mountain biking, snowmobile/Snowbike activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: the possibility of rough terrain, slips and falls; passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced, thrown about and otherwise shaken during rides; collision with fixed or movable objects, vehicles, or other watercraft; boat capsize and entrapment; accidental drowning; water craft are slippery when wet and accidents can occur getting in or out; the forces of nature including extremes of weather, lightning and rapid weather changes, exposure to sun, strong wind, cold, large waves, eddies and whirlpools, tidal conditions, surf and currents; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause cold water shock, riding on uneven snow covered terrain, changing snow conditions and variations in elevations; loss of control of the equipment; major injuries are a risk as are bruises, sprains, burns, musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; injuries to internal organs; loss of fingers or other appendages; the negligence of participants, or other persons who may be present; travel in remote areas; steepness of slopes, snow depth, instability of snow pack or varying and difficult weather; hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, frostbite, frost nip, dehydration; sunburn, exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; wrist, arm, or shoulder injuries; equipment failure and/or operator error; the negligence of other visitors, participants, or other persons who may be present; improper lifting or carrying; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity; transmissible pathogen or disease ; traveling to and from activity locations raises the possibility of any manner of transportation accidents; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered. Furthermore, URL personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) while participating in all water activities and a wetsuit bottom (or clothing that provides equivalent protection) while participating in PWC/jet ski activities; and a properly fitted and secured DOT or SNELL certified helmet while participating in ATV/UTV or snowmobile related activities or a properly fitted and secured helmet while participating in biking activities.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless URL from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use URL’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of URL.
- Should URL or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur lawyer's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against URL, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against URL on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at URL. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Date: July 30, 2021