Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for enrolling your child(ren) at Mary Queen of Apostles School for the 2020-2021 School Year.
We are pleased that you will be an important part of the life of our parish and school community throughout the school years.
As we prepare for the new school year, I am writing to remind you of the fundamental reason for our very existence as a Catholic school in the Diocese of Greensburg. As a Catholic school our primary purpose is to form students in the values of Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Catholic Church. While we maintain an outstanding academic program and a number of extra-curricular and athletic activities, we have the responsibility to make certain that Catholic values and moral integrity permeate every facet of our school’s programs. In full partnership with you and your family, we are committed to upholding these principles which underlie our presence in the community as a Catholic school.
Below this letter is a Memorandum of Understanding asking you to affirm and support the information stated in the above paragraph. You are required to complete and sign this form, for each of your enrolled children at this time. This is necessary for the registration process to be completed.
Again, thank you for enrolling your child(ren) at Mary Queen of Apostles School and for giving us the opportunity to help you educate your child(ren) spiritually, academically, emotionally, and physically.
As a parent/guardian of a student in a Catholic school, I understand, affirm, and support the following:
- The primary purpose of a Catholic school education is to form students in the values of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Catholic schools are distinctive religious educational institutions operated as programs of the Catholic Church; they are not private schools but are administered and supported by the sponsoring parishes, the diocese, or religious communities.
- Attending a Catholic school is a privilege, not a right.
- While academic excellence and involvement in extracurricular activities (i.e., sports, clubs, etc.) are important, fidelity to the Catholic identity of the school is the fundamental priority.
- The school and its administration have the responsibility to ensure that Catholic values and moral integrity permeate every facet of the school’s life and activity.
- In all questions involving faith, morals, faith teaching, and Church law, the final determination rests with the diocesan bishop.
As a parent/guardian desiring to enroll my child in a Catholic school, I accept this memorandum of understanding. I pledge support for the Catholic identity and mission of this school and by enrolling my child I commit myself to uphold all the principles and policies that govern a Catholic school.