Complete Liability Release
1. I understand the purpose of signing this document is to exempt and release Key Largo Dive Center, LLC, Florida Dive Boat Partners Inc, its employees, agents, Key Largo Diver II, and dive boats, including those boats operated, leased or chartered, or boarded (hereinafter referred to collectively as the released parties) from any and all liabilities arising as a consequence of their own negligence or gross negligence or otherwise.
2. I am a certified scuba diver or a student diver under the direct supervision of an instructor and have been taught and understand scuba diving has inherent risks and dangers associated herewith including, but not limited to, risks associated therewith, equipment failure, perils of the sea, acts of fellow divers and I specifically assume such risks.
3. I understand that Dive Insurance is highly recommended and requested by the parties in paragraph #1 above. I understand that I have the opportunity to purchase Dive Insurance (as offered through third parties such as, but not limited to, Divers Alert Network) prior to undertaking dive activities and if I choose not to purchase Dive Insurance it is entirely my choice.
4. I acknowledge that I am physically fit to scuba dive and snorkel, and I will not hold Key Largo Dive Center, LLC, Florida Dive Boat Partners Inc, its employees, agents, Key Largo Diver II or any party mentioned in Paragraph #1 above responsible if I am injured or die as a result of, but not limited to: heart problems, lung problems, embolism, edima, or other illnesses or medical problems which occur while diving and/or snorkeling. I meet the NAUI, PADI and/or Recreational Scuba Training Council (RSTC) medical requirements. I shall not hold any party named in Paragraph #1 above liable for any injury or death.
5. I do not have in my possession any illegal drugs, nor am I taking, nor have I recently taken, any drugs or medications that would contraindicate diving. I certify that I meet the PADI/NAUI/RSTC medical requirements for diving or have a doctor's signed waiver..
6. Prior to leaving the dock I will inspect all of my equipment to be used. I will notify Key Largo Dive Center, LLC, if any of my equipment is not functioning properly. I certify that all of my personally owned/provided scuba equipment has been serviced in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations or it will not be used for dive activities. If using my personal scuba cylinders I understand they must be within current Hydro and VIP timelines or they shall not be brought onboard the dive boat..
7. I will be present at and attentive to the safety briefing given by the boat captain and/or mate and if there is anything I do not understand or have been taught differently, I will notify the boat captain and/or divemaster and/or instructor immediately.
8. If a certified diver, I understand that I have a duty to plan and conduct my own dives and to be responsible for my own safety and the safety of my dive buddy. I will remain with my dive buddy at all times in the water. If my buddy or I need to return to the boat then both of us shall return to the boat until both are safely onboard. Although Dive Instructors or Divemasters or other Dive Professionals may be on the boat with other students or divers, unless you are a student assigned to one of them they are not responsible for monitoring your dive planning, air consumption, air remaining, or dive navigation.
9. Although a dive guide may be provided and available to guide your dive, the dive guide is not responsible for monitoring your air consumption or to plan your dive. You may decide to accompany the dive guide but it is your responsibility to monitor your own air consumption and quantity remaining.
10. I will start my ascent at the end of each dive with enough air to guarantee being on the boat with a minimum of 500 PSI remaining in my scuba cylinder. Should I return with less than 500 PSI remaining in my cylinder I understand that I may be charged for a Visual Cylinder Inspection to inspect for the presence of water in the cylinder and any cost associated with the cleaning or replacement of the cylinder if not serviceable.
I will immediately stop my dive if:
- I feel uncomfortable with my diving abilities and/or
- Diving conditions are worse than I have been trained or for which I have experience.
11. I am aware of the dangers of holding my breath while diving and of the dangers associated with rapid ascents.
12. If I become distressed at the surface, I will immediately drop my weight belt and inflate my BCD for permanent flotation assistance and if I want or need assistance from the boat, I will give the proper “diver in trouble” signal.
13. I fully understand and am aware that the dive boat has limited medical first aid supplies and that in the event of illness or injury, appropriate medical care must be summoned by radio and that treatment will be delayed until I can be transported to a proper medical facility.
14. It is my intention by this instrument to give up my right to sue the released parties and it is also my intention to exempt and relieve Key Largo Dive Center, LLC, its employees, agents, and dive boats, whether owned, operated, leased, or chartered (the hereinabove referred to released parties) from any and all liability for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death caused by negligence or gross negligence of the released parties or otherwise, and I assume all risk in connection with these snorkeling and/or scuba diving activities.
15. I authorize the use of my image for promotion by KLDC, LLC (model release).
16. I understand I have a duty to exercise reasonable care for my own safety and agree to do so.
All boats are non-smoking / non-vaping.
1. All divers are required to supply proof of certification from a nationally recognized training organization. All divers are responsible for having current proficiency and compentency to perform to the level of their scuba certification.
2. If you are unsure of your skills, proficiency, dive currency, or are apprehensive about your ability to safely conduct any skills required for safe diving, or don't believe that you are able to the level of your scuba certification you must notify Key Largo Dive Center and not dive without completing a refresher course or you must dive with a certified SCUBA instructor until you demonstrate proficiency.
3. Certified divers will be required to dive with a divemaster / instructor for a minimum of one 2 tank dive trip and/or complete a fresher course prior to diving if any of the following conditions apply:
- No ocean diving experience
- No dives beyond initial certification
- Divers with less than 25 logged dives whose last logged dive is over 12 months
- Advanced Open Water Divers (or higher certification) with more than 25 logged dives whose last logged dive is over 36 months
- Certified divers who have no logged dives in 5 or more years must complete a comprehensive SCUBA review course prior to diving and may be required to complete additional training as required to perform to the level of their SCUBA certification.
- Inability to perform to the level of your scuba certification.
4. All divers are required to have the following SCUBA equipment: mask, fins, snorkel, regulator with a primary 2nd stage and seperate alternate 2nd stage or independent second air source, pressure and depth gauges, compass, BCD with low pressure inflator hose, dive watch or dive timing device, Surface Marker Buoy (SMB), knife or dive shears. All dive gear must have been serviced according to manufacturer's recommendations.
5. All divers must dive with their buddy and return to the boat with their dive buddy.
6. All divers must be back on the boat with a minimum of 500 PSI remaining in their tank.
7. All divers must stay within the limits of the dive flag.
8. All divers are highly encouraged to carry a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB).
9. Certified divers are responsible for planning their own dive in accordance with no decompression tables and/or computer and to dive within their plan.
10. I understand that I must perform to the level of my SCUBA certification or my dive will be terminated and I will not be allowed to dive until receiving additional training and are able to demonstrate compentence to the level of their certification.
11. Divers must be physically, mentally, and medically fit to dive and must meet PADI medical standards for divers.
USS Spiegel Grove, USCGC Duane, USCGC Bibb and Other Dives Over 80 Feet, But Not to Exceed 130 Feet
12. In addition to ALL of the above "All Dives" requirements:
13. All divers must be Advanced Certified or higher and have a deep dive (below 80 feet) logged in a log book within the past 12 months and provide the log book as proof or be in training under the direct supervision of a Key Largo Dive Center approved instructor.
14. All divers are also required to have the following SCUBA equipment: an alternate air source, a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB), spool, and a dive computer. Each diver in a buddy team must have their own computer in order to follow a computer profile. Absolutely no sharing of computers.
15. Decompression diving is not permitted . It is suggested that you perform a minimum 3 minute Safety Stop at 15 feet on all deep dives as part of your normal, safe ascent as you were trained to do by all professional dive agencies. A half stop at 1/2 your maximum depth for 3 minutes is highly recommended. Should you accidently enter decompression you shall follow the guidance of your dive computer and complete any required safety stop. You shall attempt to gain the attention of a Divemaster, Instructor, Dive Guide, or other Dive Professional in the water to indicate to them that you are in decompression profile.
16. All divers are responsible for planning and conducting their dives. It is not the responsibility of Key Largo Dive Center, LLC, or the crew of the Key Largo Diver II to plan your dive profile or to instruct certified divers about no-decompression dive techniques.
17. If for some reason you leave the mooring line during your ascent or descent, or in any sitiuation where the current takes you away from the mooring line you should still conduct your safety stops while drifting and deply your surface signaling device or SMB utilizing your reel while conducting your safety stop to make the dive boat and other boats aware of your position.
In addition to ALL of the above "All Dives" requirements:
18. All divers are also required to have the following SCUBA equipment: a primary underwater light, a back-up underwater light, a chemical glow stick, and a whistle or other aural signaling device, and a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) capable of mounting a glow stick and spare glow stick or equivalent.
19. All divers must have a night dive logged in a log book (or attest to such) within the past 2 years or be in training under the direct supervision of a Key Largo Dive Center approved Scuba Instructor or Divemaster.
If on an applicable Night Dive