Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from Coronavirus. Guests should evaluate their own risk in determining whether to skate. People who show no symptoms can spread Coronavirus if they are infected and any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to Coronavirus. By participating in on and off-ice activities at the PSC&HS, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance.
Please read this in its entirely and agree to current policies for all skaters at PSC&HS:
We are very sorry but at this time we are unable to accommodate beginner skaters that cannot balance without assistance. To allow us to follow social distancing guidelines all participants must be able to balance unassisted on the ice.
*We are limiting our classes to 6 per session and limiting participants to 6 per class
*Masks are mandatory for anyone entering the building and must be worn at all times (on and off the ice)
*Temperature check and hand sanitizing check in when you enter our facility.
*One parent may enter with the participant (if a minor) and assist in getting the participant's skates on. For older/confident skaters, once the skates are on the participant the parent is asked to exit the building and return five minutes before the end of the session to assist in removing the skates.
*You may enter the facility 20 minutes prior to the start of class and must leave within 10 minutes of end of practice time. All classes with include 30 minutes lesson in designated strip on the ice followed by 30 minutes practice time in same area.
*Once you register you will be contacted to prearrange skate rental so your clean skates will be waiting for you when you arrive. We highly encourage and recommend that you purchase your own skates. The Skate Shop is offering specials on purchasing skates.
*ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY! All participants must be registered online 5 days prior to the start of the session.
*Due to the limited class space NO partial sessions are allowed. All in for the 8!
*When participants arrive they will be directed to a designated rink side area where skates and name tag will be waiting for you.
*Mandatory waiver will be emailed after you are registered and must be completed prior to your visit.
*We ask that you notify us immediately should your child, or someone in the household, become ill.
*Skate Shop is open by appointment only. Please call Fran Mycek at 610-642-8700 to arrange an appointment.
In the spirit of community and our responsibility to keep each other safe, the following are our guidelines for quarantining for Covid-19:
- If you feel sick, please stay at home. We will continue to monitor temperatures upon entrance to the Club. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or over will not be allowed into the building.
- If you have Covid, you must meet the following criteria before returning to the Club (Club shall be informed immediately, or at least within 24 hours, of a positive test result): 10 days since symptoms first appeared and 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving.
- If you test positive and are asymptomatic, you should quarantine for 10 days and monitor for symptoms. If no symptoms develop, you may return to the Club after 10 days. If symptoms develop, follow guidelines listed above.
- If you are awaiting test results because you came in contact with or have been exposed to Covid-19, you must quarantine for 10 days or have a negative Covid test to return to the ice. If you are routinely tested, such as at school or for employment, you may skate while awaiting your test results as long as you have had no known exposures and are not experiencing symptoms. If your test is positive, you must immediately, or at least within 24 hours, inform the Club of the positive test result.
- If you are directly exposed by close contact with individual(s) with Covid, you should quarantine according to the options provided by the PA Department of Health:
*The most protective recommended quarantine period remains at 14 days post exposure.
*Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
*When testing resources are sufficient, quarantine can end after Day 7 if a diagnostic specimen tests negative and is
collected on day 5 or thereafter and the person remains asymptomatic.
*Quarantine may not be further shortened beyond the end of day 7.
- As per the CDC, close contact is considered someone you were within 6 feet of who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more; you provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19; you had direct physical contact with the person [hugged or kissed them]; you shared eating or drinking utensils; they sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you)
As of March 1, 2021 the Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health for Mitigation Relating To Travel is no longer in effect. Travelers should still practice appropriate public health measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 such as masking, physical distancing, and hand hygiene.
The health and safety of our students, coaches, parents, and employees is our top priority here at the Philadelphia Skating Club and Humane Society. To help stop the spread of CoVid-19 and keep everyone safe we thank you in advance for following our procedures and guidelines.
In consideration of the participants being permitted to participate in ice skating at The Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society, we do hereby forever release and discharge its Directors, Agents, Employees and any person or corporation connected herewith from all manner of action, injury, damages, costs, claims or demands which we will, shall, or may hereafter have suffer or receive by reason of each participant in any program at The Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society release shall be binding on our heirs, assigns, executors and administrators. It is further agreed that The Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society shall not be considered to guarantee or warrant such equipment as may be used in the conducting of ice skating programs. I also hereby agree to permit the video and/or photography of this activity for purposes of program advertisement by PSC&HS.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that it is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I have read and agree to the current procedures at the Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society.
Thank you for your cooperation as we try to create a safe environment for us all.