CLEAN VALLEY COUNCIL WAIVER
Updated January 2023
I understand that working in or near waterways (streams, creeks, rivers) and public roadways is physically demanding which may result in injury due to falls, cuts, bites, over exertion, weather conditions, scratches, etc. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, you may want to discuss this activity with your physician before participating in this program.
I affirm that I have the health, physical ability and necessary skills required to participate in this activity. I have no knowledge of any condition which could endanger me or other participants. I agree to assume all risks involved in participation in this activity, including those that are not foreseeable.
COVID-19 Safety during Cleanup activity
COVID-19 is an illness that can spread from person to person. Virginians are encouraged to follow these instructions to prevent disease spreading to people in your community.
- Stay up to date on vaccination, including recommended booster doses.
- Avoid contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- If you are at high risk of getting very sick, talk with a healthcare provider about additional prevention actions.
- Wear Gloves
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds at the end of the cleanup.
- Use hand sanitizer until you get to running water.
I understand and agree to follow the COVID-19 guidelines to be a part of this cleanup activity. If diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of the activity, it is important that you notify your cleanup partner and CVC by phone: 540-345-5523 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby release and discharge Roanoke County, City of Roanoke, Botetourt County, Town of Vinton, City of Salem and Clean Valley Council, their agents, employees, officers, successors and assigns, from all claims, demands, actions, judgments and executions which the undersigned ever had, or now has , or may have, for all personal injuries, known or unknown, and injuries to property, real or personal, caused by or arising out of the above described activity which may result from causes beyond the control of, and without the fault or negligence of Roanoke County, City of Roanoke, Botetourt County, Town of Vinton, City of Salem, Clean Valley Council, their agents, employees, officers, successors and assigns.