GREENWICH CATHOLIC SCHOOL
INFORMED CONSENT, INDEMNITY AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITY (“Release”)
I hereby request authorization for my child, the “Participant”) to participate in certain recreational activities on the property located at 471 North Street, Greenwich, Connecticut (the “Property”) owned by GREENWICH CATHOLIC SCHOOL INC., a Connecticut non-for-profit corporation (the “Licensor”) and licensed to Comet Girls Lacrosse an LLC (the “Licensee”). I acknowledge that all such recreational activities on the Property will be operated and otherwise supervised by Licensee with no oversight, responsibility or liability of Licensor or the Released Parties (as hereinafter defined). I understand that the Participant’s participation in recreational activities is expressly conditioned on agreement to each of the terms of this Release. I hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. The Participant’s participation in recreational activities at the Property is a voluntary activity.
2. Recreational activities include swimming and other individual sports and sports training. I understand that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in any physical exercise, sport, wellness or recreational activity. I agree to assume the full risk of any injuries (including disability, paralysis or death), damages or loss which may be sustained as a result of participation in recreational activities on the Property.
3. I acknowledge that COVID-19 is a virus that causes respiratory illness, among other symptoms, and can be spread from human-to-human contact, as well as respiratory droplets, and contact with surfaces previously touched by an infected person. The Released Parties do not profess to be experts of COVID-19. COVID-19 is a relatively new disease, much of which is yet unknown. Participants and their parents and guardians should gather their own information from experts/reliable sources concerning COVID-19 and make their own opinions about the risks involved in participating in any activity including in any recreational activity on the Property. Known risks of contracting COVID-19 include, but are not limited to respiratory illnesses, as well as potential death. Some infected with COVID-19 may be asymptomatic and not know they are infected. Therefore, there is a risk of contracting COVID-19 even if those you interact with do not exhibit any symptoms. There are also other contagions that are transmitted in a similar manner.
4. I hereby release, hold harmless, waive and discharge Licensor, St. Michael The Archangel Roman Catholic Church and the Bridgeport Roman Catholic Diocesan Corporation and their respective employees, agents and contractors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims and causes of action (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation death, disability, paralysis and other injury or illness, suffered or which may occur as a result of participation in recreational activities on the Property, including any damages related to COVID-19 or any other contagion. This is a complete and irrevocable release and waiver of liability. I covenant and agree not to sue any of the Released Parties for any alleged Losses released hereunder.
5. I expressly agree that the foregoing Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Connecticut and that if any portion thereof is held invalid it is agreed that the balance shall not withstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
In the event that the Participant is a “minor” the following shall be executed on behalf of the Participant:
I have read and fully understand this Release. I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Participant. On behalf of “Participant” who is a minor, I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnity and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and claims, demands, or causes of action, arising out of injury, disability, death or other loss or damage to person or property, whether related to activities described above or not, including any such claims relating to COVID-19 and/or which allege negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties to participate in activities on the Property. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims which are brought by, on behalf of Participant, and which are in any way connect with such use of the Property or participation of activities thereon by Participant.