DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE – COVID-19
WARNING!: ALL INDIVIDUALS ENTERING THE FACILITY AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN SANCTIONED ACTIVITIES MUST COMPLY WITH THIS DECLARATION
Canmore Golf and Curling Club, Curling Canada and Curling Alberta
(collectively the “Organization”)
require the disclosure of exposure or illness is in order to safeguard the health and safety of all participants and limit the further outbreak of COVID-19. This Declaration of Compliance will be kept safely, and personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with your consent.
An individual (or the individual’s parent/guardian, if the individual is younger than the age of majority) who is unable to agree to the terms outlined in this document is not permitted to enter the Organization’s facilities or participate in the Organization’s activities, programs, or services.
I, the undersigned being the individual named above and the individual’s parent/guardian (if the individual is younger than the age of majority), hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document:
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and requires all individuals (or their parent/guardian, when applicable) to adhere to the compliance standards described in this document.
- The individual has not been diagnosed with COVID-19; OR If the individual was diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual was cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health authorities more than 14 days prior to the date this Declaration of Compliance was signed.
- The individual has not been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19; OR If the individual was exposed to a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19, the date of exposure was more than 14 days prior to the date this Declaration of Compliance was signed.
- The individual is attending or participating voluntarily and understands the risks associated with COVID-19. The individual (or the individual’s parent/guardian, on behalf of the individual (when applicable)) agrees to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected.
- The individual has not, nor has anyone in the individual’s household, experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (including fever, new or worsening cough, fatigue, chills and body aches, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, pink eye, or loss of taste or smell).
- If the individual experiences, or if anyone in the individual’s household experiences, any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the individual will immediately isolate, notify the Organization, and not attend any of the Organization’s facilities, activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
- The individual has not, nor has any member of the individual’s household, travelled to, or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada in the past 14 days. If the individual travels, or if anyone in the individual’s household travels after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the individual will not attend any of the Organization’s facilities, activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since the date of return.
- The individual is following recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, adhering to recognized hygiene best practices, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
- The individual will follow the safety, physical distancing, and hygiene protocols of the Organization.
- This document will remain in effect until the Organization, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.
- The Organization may remove the individual from the facility or from participation in the activities, programs or services of the Organization at any time and for any reason if the Organization believes, in its sole discretion, that the individual is no longer in compliance with any of the standards described in this document.
I have read and understand the Declaration of Compliance - COVID-19 and will follow appropriate guidelines
INFORMED CONSENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
For Participants Under the Age of Majority
WARNING! Parent or Guardian, please read carefully.
By signing this document, you will assume certain risks and responsibilities.
- This is a binding legal agreement. Clarify any questions or concerns before signing.
- As a Participant in the sport of curling and the activities, programs, classes, services provided and events sponsored or organized:
Canmore Golf and Curling Club, Curling Alberta and CURLING CANADA (collectively the “Organization”)
including but not limited to: games, tournaments, practices, training, personal training, dry land training, use of strength training and fitness conditioning equipment, machines and facilities, nutritional and dietary programs, orientational or instructional sessions or lessons, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning programs (collectively the “Activities”), the undersigned being the Participant and Participant’s Parent/Guardian (collectively the “Parties”) acknowledges and agrees to the following terms outlined in this agreement:
3. I am the Parent/Guardian of the Participant and have full legal responsibility for the decisions of the Participant.
Description and Acknowledgement of Risks
4. The Parties understand and acknowledge that:
- The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life. The sport of curling is played on a sheet of ice, which is slippery, hard, and dangerous;
- A pertinent risk to participating in the sport of curling is the risk of suffering serious head injury should the Participant fall, trip, or stumble onto the ground or ice. It is highly recommended that the Participant wear a helmet at all times when participating in the sport of curling;
- The Organization has a difficult task to ensure safety and it is not infallible. The Organization may be unaware of the Participant’s fitness or abilities, may misjudge weather or environmental conditions, may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction;
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Organization cannot guarantee that the Participant will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in the Activities could increase the Participant’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
5. The Participant is participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of that participation, the Parties hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Health: executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques, physical exertion, overexertion, stretching, dehydration, fatigue, cardiovascular workouts, rapid movements and stops, lack of fitness or conditioning, traumatic injury, bacterial infections, rashes, and the transmission of communicable diseases, including viruses of all kinds, COVID-19, bacteria, parasites or other organisms or any mutation thereof.
- Premises: defective, dangerous or unsafe condition of the facilities; falls; collisions with objects, walls, equipment or persons; dangerous, unsafe, or irregular conditions on floors, ice, or other surfaces, extreme weather conditions; travel to and from premises.
- Use of Equipment: mechanical failure of the equipment; negligent design or manufacture of the equipment; the provision of or the failure by the Organization to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the equipment; failure to use or operate the equipment within my own ability.
- Contact: contact with brooms, brushes or curling stones, other equipment, vehicles, or other persons, and may lead to serious bodily injury, including but not limited to concussions and/or other brain injury, or serious spinal injury.
- Advice: negligent advice regarding the Activities.
- Ability: Failing to act safely or within my own ability or within designated areas.
- Sport: the game of curling and its inherent risks, including but not limited to, running, sliding or slipping on the ice surface, delivering the curling stone, skipping or sweeping, stepping onto the ice surface from the walkway or onto the walkway from the ice surface, or stepping over dividers that divide one sheet of ice from the next.
- Cyber: privacy breaches, hacking, technology malfunction or damage.
- Conduct: My conduct and conduct of other persons including any physical altercation between participants.
- Travel: Travel to and from the Activities.
6. In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate in the Activities, the Parties agree:
- That when the Participant practices or trains in their own space, the Parties are responsible for the Participant’s surroundings and the location and equipment that is selected for the Participant;
- That the Participant’s mental and physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities and the Parties assume all risks related to the Participant’s mental and physical condition;
- To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities;
- To comply with the rules of the facility or equipment;
- That if the Participant observes an unusual significant hazard or risk, the Participant will remove themselves from participation and bring their observations to a representative of the Organization immediately;