REBOUND CYCLE GROUP RIDE CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code shall remain in force and shall be applicable to any Group Ride that
the undersigned participates in within one calendar year from the above date.
Bicycling can involve risks and dangers including, but not limited to, traveling on roads shared with motorists, steep descents, potholes, flat tires, and riding on trails with visible and non-visible obstacles (collectively, the "Risks"). I understand that any or all of the Risks may be present in any group ride (a "Group Ride") organized by Rebound Inc., its employees, affiliates, agents or representatives (collectively, "Rebound"). I represent to Rebound, other participants in the Group Ride and any person or persons responsible for leading, directing or otherwise controlling or supervising the Group Ride (the "Ride Leader") that I am physically and technically competent to ride safely in a group environment.
I acknowledge that Rebound strongly recommends the use of helmets and that I may be required to wear a helmet as a condition of participating in certain Group Rides. In order to mitigate the Risks, I agree to adhere to the terms of this Code of Conduct during any Group Ride, including the following:
• I will obey all traffic laws and posted traffic signs and signals as if I were operating a motor vehicle; • I will obey any posted trail rules;
• I will keep and maintain my bicycle in proper and safe working order;
• I will follow any instructions given by any Group Ride leader;
• I will ride in a predictable manner, by riding straight and at a constant speed;
• If I am required to alter direction or speed, using appropriate hand signals, I will:
▪ point my left arm straight out to the side to signal a left turn;
▪ point my left arm out, with elbow bent at 90 degrees and palm to the rearto signal slowing or stopping; ▪ point my right arm straight out to the side, or, I will point my left arm out, with elbow bent at 90 degrees and palm to the front to signal a right turn;
• In addition to hand signals, I will give verbal warnings regarding any change in direction or speed; • I will announce hazards such as holes, bumps, gravel, grates or others by pointing downward and shouting clearly to identify the hazard;
• I will only pass other riders on the left and will verbally announce my intention to pass by stating "on your left" loudly enough for the rider(s) I am going to overtake to hear;
• If I am riding near the rear of the group, I will watch for and warn others of approaching vehicles, as appropriate; • I will consent to and permit emergency treatment if I suffer illness or injury
COVID-19. I agree to take all reasonable steps to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, including strict adherence to any guidelines posted by Rebound from time to time, whether at Rebound Cycle or circulated by email, posted online, or delivered by other means. I acknowledge that such guidelines are subject to change from time to time as the Province of Alberta updates its guidelines relating to COVID-19. I undertake and agree to advise Rebound if I have, in the fourteen-day period preceding any scheduled Group Ride: travelled internationally, experienced symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or been in close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable positive case of COVID-19. If Rebound is advised of any such event, or if Rebound has reasons to believe I am experiencing a fever or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19, Rebound may in its sole discretion prohibit me from participating in any Group Ride.
I understand that I may be prohibited from participating in any Group Ride if I fail to adhere to this Code.
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS
By signing this document you waive or give up the right to sue or claim compensation following an accident
In consideration of Rebound Inc., its employees, affiliates, agents or representatives, (“Rebound”), and any person, whether employed by Rebound or not and who is responsible for leading, directing or otherwise controlling or supervising the Group Outing (whether singular or plural, the “Group Leader”), collectively accepting my application and my being permitted to participate in a group bicycle ride or rides or group stand-up paddle boarding excursions (herein called the "Group Outing") at a location chosen by Rebound or the Group Leader, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risks (collectively this "Agreement").
I waive any and all claims I may have against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue Rebound, nor the Group Leader or any of them for any illness (including any COVID-19 related illness), personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me, including, without limitation, any actual or possible suffering by me from COVID-19 related illness, mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements or other restrictions whether self-imposed or imposed by governmental authorities, and any losses arising therefrom as a result of my participation in any Group Outing or my attendance at the business premises of Rebound at 902 8th Street, Canmore Alberta (the “Premises”) as a result of my participation in a Group Outing due to any cause whatsoever including, without limitation: negligence, including failure by any of Rebound or the Group Leader to use such care as a reasonably prudent and careful guide or rental equipment provider would use under similar circumstances, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care, including any duty of care owed under any applicable Occupier’s Liability legislation on the part of Rebound, and further including any failure on the part of the Group Leader to take reasonable steps to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of participating in the Group Outing.
I am aware that participating in the Group Outing presents dangers and risks, some of which, depending on the nature of the Group Outing may include, but are not limited to:
1. Motor Traffic: including negligence of drivers;
2. Natural Hazards: including water and other natural hazards regularly encountered when cycling off-road; 3. Conduct of other participants: conduct of other cyclists or stand-up paddle boarders, whether participating in the Group Outing or not.
I willingly accept all the risks of participating in the Group Outing, including without limitation the risks described above and the possibility of personal injury, death, property loss or loss resulting therefrom. I acknowledge that injury resulting from these or other risks may be exacerbated by my failure to wear a properly fitting bicycle helmet. I acknowledge that Rebound and the Group Leader strongly recommend the use of a helmet for any cycling activity, including the Group
Outing. I acknowledge and accept that by attending the Premises or by participating in any Group Outing, I assume the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other public health risks. I further acknowledge and accept that this risk may be elevated if I travel to the Premises or to the Group Outing by way of public transportation or taxi service.
In entering into this Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by Rebound or by the Group Leader.
I confirm that I am of the Age of Majority (full age of eighteen years) and that I have read and understood this Agreement. I agree that this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death, and that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, and that any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of Alberta.
Children under the age of eighteen must have this waiver signed by a parent or guardian.