I on behalf of myself, my heirs and assigns, hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to enter on to and to engage in and/or observe shooting and other activities at the Shooting Range Facility (the "RANGE") at The Marksman LLC . These activities include, but are not limited to, the use and discharge of firearms at the RANGE, the use and discharge of loaner firearms provided by the RANGE and the services and training by employees of the RANGE. I acknowledge and understand that shooting activities are inherently hazardous and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death, of myself or of other persons. These risks include but are not limited to: being shot by or shooting myself or others; partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing; inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants; and being struck by flying or falling objects. I further understand that the discharging of firearms and the use of ammunition have inherent dangers that no amount of care, instruction, or expertise can eliminate.
I further acknowledge and understand that the RANGE is an outdoor shooting facility which utilizes a series of component parts, including a bullet trap to decelerate discharged ammunition, however I understand that these component parts and bullet traps of the RANGE, do not, in every instance, contain bullets or bullet fragments and has been known to cause ricochets which could cause serious personal injury or death.
I further acknowledge and understand that The Marksman LLC makes no warranty as to the design, manufacture, condition or fitness for any particular purpose of any RANGE facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to: firearms, ammunition, eye/hearing protection, and first-aid supplies.
I represent that I am experienced and skilled in the proper handling, loading, use and discharge of all firearms and ammunition I intend to use at the RANGE. I understand that the RANGE is specifically relying on the truth of my representations concerning my experience with firearms, in permitting me to make use of the RANGE. I represent that I have never been convicted of a felony in any of the 50 United States. Texas law prohibits any person convicted of a felony to be present in any environment where firearms are present.
As lawful consideration for being permitted by The Marksman to enter the RANGE, to use RANGE facilities or equipment and to engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the RANGE, as a Participant, I agree as follows:
I agree to assume full responsibility for any and all risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, of whatsoever any kind and nature, which I might incur as a result of entering on to the RANGE and in using RANGE facilities or equipment and in engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the RANGE.
I agree to abide by The Marksman’s Code of Conduct:
1. Children must be at least 10 years old and be able to shoot over bench in a safe manner, in the sole judgment of The Marksman.
2. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign a waiver and remain by their side at all times in the range.
3. Firearms will only be uncased or removed from the holster at the shooting bench. Load and unload all weapons at the bench.
4. It is your responsibility to know and understand how to operate your firearm safely and ensure your firearm is in good working order.
5. Eye and Ear protection is mandatory for anyone entering the range.
6. Always keep the firearm action open, magazines removed and only load when ready to commence firing.
7. Always keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to commence fire.
8. Fire only when safe conditions exist: all shooters must stand in their respective stall behind the bench.
9. Always keep firearms pointed down range in a safe direction.
10. Do not pass firearms directly from person to person. Place the firearm on the bench and allow the next person to pick it up.
11. Only pistol caliber allowed on steel targets.
12. Shotguns allowed on steel or berm only. Wood target stands are not to be shot with shotguns.
15. Any handgun caliber larger than .45 ACP or rifle chambered to 7.62 and above must be declared and approved by Marksman Staff prior to entering the range.
16. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm as recommended by the manufacturer.
17. Any firearm not carried concealed, in accordance with all state and local laws, must be transported unloaded in a case or bag to or from the range.
18. Shooters who desire to shoot from the holster must be approved through The Marksman instructors.
19. Upon the command “CEASE FIRE”, or “COLD RANGE” stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Shooters may not re-approach the firing line or pick up any firearm until there is an “all clear” signal.
20. Never consume alcohol or take drugs before or while shooting.
21. Food, drink, gum or any tobacco product is not permitted inside the range. Always remember to wash your hands after you leave the range prior to eating.
22. If you observe any unsafe conditions, please report them to a range safety officer immediately. Act responsibly at all times.
23. Any violation of the code of conduct may result in immediate removal from the range.
I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any and all claims I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives, assigns or any other person claiming under me completely and without reservation that I may have against The Marksman LLC, its agents, officers, members, employees, instructors, volunteers, or representatives from any and all injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of me entering on to the RANGE, using RANGE facilities or equipment, or engaging in or observing shooting range activities. Also, I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives, assigns or any other person claiming under me, forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue The Marksman LLC, its agents, officers, members, employees, instructors, volunteers, or representatives for any personal injury, death, disability, property damage, property theft or acts and/or omissions of whatsoever kind and nature including, but not limited to, those caused by its negligence or other acts including, but not limited to, those acts and/or omissions of other participants or persons at the RANGE.
I further acknowledge and agree that it is my understanding and intent that this Agreement, and any signed written amendments or modifications to it, shall remain in full force and effect from the date of execution and ever after shall be applicable to each and every occasion that I enter on to the RANGE, use RANGE facilities or equipment or engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the RANGE.
I have carefully read this "Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement" and fully know its contents. I acknowledge that no other inducement, assurance or guarantee has been made to me in consideration of my signing this Agreement which I sign voluntarily and of my own free will. I further acknowledge and agree that this Agreement may be amended or modified only by a writing signed by me and by an authorized agent of The Marksman LLC.
Signature Date: October 27, 2020