Accident Waiver and Release of Liability
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED at OLD SCHOOL SPORTS LLC including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by an event holder, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity,
(B) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that Old School Sports LLC, Nick and Jaime Ward, The School of Harmony, Donald K. Ward, their directors, officers, volunteers, and representatives are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
Assumption of Responsibility of Property Damage
If you, your family, your children, or your guests cause damage to Old School Sports property or the building associated with Old School Sports, or other’s personal property, during the use of, or as a result of such use, you agree to accept responsibility for any damage occurring and will bear the full cost of repair, including replacement, if necessary. By signing this form, you are stating that you have read, understood, and agree to the conditions of the Old School Sports Property Damage Agreement.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Old School Sports will follow safety guidelines put forth by the state of West Virginia, as well as the state health agency to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Old School Sports cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Old School Sports events could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Old School Sports events and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Old School Sports events may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, volunteers, as well as event participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Old School Sports events (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Old School Sports, its representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
Gym House Rules-
Violators will be asked to leave the premises immediately and may be prohibited from further participation upon the owners discretion.
- Payment must be paid in full prior to ANY players/party guests permitted on the court.
- ALL participants must sign or have an updated facility waiver on file prior to activity.
- Anyone without a waiver will not permitted on the gym floor or in the batting cages.
- NO shoes worn in from the parking lot may be worn on the gym floor.
- *While at the gym, if you you exit the building in your gym shoes and re-enter, you will not be permitted to wear those shoes back on the court.
- NO street shoes, sandals, flip-flops, and/or boots on gym floor.
- Basketball- No dunking, hanging on the rims, or grabbing the nets is permitted.
- Volleyball- No one is permitted to set-up, take-down or make adjustments to the volleyball net system. Staff members will adjust the net upon request.
- All participants for your rental, family members and/or spectators are to stay in the area you are renting.
- Children attending with adults who are participating in the gym rental may not be on the court while the participants are playing. Children may not play around on/under the bleachers, stage, party area, or stairwell. This is for the safety of both the children and the participants.
- Batting cage renters are not permitted on the gym floor or in the party area.
- Gym floor renters are not permitted in the batting cages, in the party area, or on the stage.
- Score clock and sound system are for staff use only, unless otherwise authorized.
- No glass containers, alcohol, tobacco products, or gum.
- Old School Sports is not responsible for personal injuries, lost, damaged, or stolen property either inside the building or in the parking lot.
- Keep it “G” RATED! NO cursing, fighting, unruly conduct, profanity, or rough play before, during, or after activities by players, coaches, and/or spectators.
By electronically signing and submitting this agreement:
1) I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the terms of the agreement;
2) I voluntarily agree to be bound by this agreement; and
3) I certify that I am 18 years of age or older.
My signature applies to all pages of this contract. I understand that I will receive a Portable Document Format (PDF) version of this agreement after it is signed at the email address I have provided. To view the PDF document, I understand that I will need software that enables me to receive and access PDF files such as Adobe Reader software or other software capable of reading a PDF file. In order to print and retain a hard copy of this agreement, I understand that I will also need a printer connected to my computer. I understand that if I wish to sign a hard copy of this agreement instead of an electronic version, I must contact the party that requires my signature on this agreement directly.