Safety Rules, Policy & Procedures
- TREAT ALL GUNS AS IF THEY ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
- NEVER LET YOUR MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
- KEEP YOUR FINGER OUT OF THE TRIGGER GUARD UNLESS YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
- ALWAYS BE CERTAIN OF YOUR TARGET
- Only handle your loaded firearm on the firing line. When arriving at the range, all guns must be stored in a case or range bag and must be unloaded. The exception to this rule is your concealed carry piece, which may be loaded. It may only be unholstered/holstered for use while you are within your shooting station.
- When loading or unloading your firearm, keep your muzzle pointed downrange (toward the target area). The muzzle should never sweep stations to your right or left, or any part of your body.
- Do not dangle your pistol at your side. The firearm should be at the ready, on target, or grounded on your shooting station.
- Do not turn around with a firearm in your hand. If needed, turn you head to speak to a range safety officer, instructor, etc. Keep your firearm pointed downrange and finger off the trigger.
- Shoot only at authorized targets in authorized frames and carriers within your shooting station.
- Immediately obey all commands of the designated range safety offi- cer. The range safety officer has complete authority over all shooters in the live fire area. Failure to obey a range safety officer is grounds for immediate removal without refund and/or revocation of member- ship.
- During a cease fire, all shooters must step back behind the red line. Handling firearms or approaching the shooting stations during a cease fire is absolutely forbidden.
- Proper safety equipment for eyes and ears is required at all times for shooters in live-fire area. Hearing protection devices may be either the passive or electronic type. Safety glasses or corrective lens are both acceptable.
- No drawing from the holster.
- Rapid fire is allowed in a controlled and safe manner. It will be the discretion of the range safety officer to restrict rapid fire to 1 round per second if the shooter cannot control the firearm safely.
- There shall be no use of intoxicants of any kind on the range. We re- serve the right to refuse service to anyone suspected of being under the influence of intoxicants.
- Individuals 17 years and younger may fire on the range only when under the direct supervision of their guardian. Individuals 17 years and younger are not allowed on the range premises unless they are under the direct supervision of an adult, who shall be responsible for them and keep them behind the firing line and out of danger zones.
- Anyone causing damage to range equipment or facilities shall be personally and monetarily liable for such damage.
- The range shall not be responsible for personal property or equip- ment left on the premises.
- Permitted Calibers: Only those firearms for which the range has been designed will be allowed:
- a. Pistol: Max pistol .50 caliber
- b. Rifle: Max Rifle Caliber is .308
- c. Class III: If approved by ranger safety officer.
- Prohibited Firearms: Muzzle loaders and black powder, shotguns, air guns, BB guns.
- The use of incendiary devices, armor piercing, green tip, and/or trac- er ammunition is strictly prohibited.
- Each shooter is required to clean up the area after completing their range session. You may collect your own brass, if accessible, once all firearms are secured, within reach of your immediate station. Under no circumstances are you allowed to cross the firing line. If caught crossing the firing line, you may be asked to leave the facility and/or be banned from returning.
- Pregnant women are not permitted in the live fire area.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking permitted in the ready room or live- fire area.
- Maximum capacity in live-fire area is four (4) people per station, one shooter at a time.
- Proper shooting attire is required. No open toed shoes/sandals will be allowed in the range.
- All retail sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. 24. Be polite and have fun.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
CAUTION: Please read this agreement carefully. By signing this agreement you are giving up certain valuable legal rights to sue Legendary Shooting Sports LLC (Legendary Firearms), for any injuries or death you may suffer as a result of the training, equipment, procedures, match competition, or supervision provided in connection with firearm shooting activities.
WARNING: FIREARM SHOOTING ACTIVITIES COULD CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR EVEN DEATH
Read and fully understand each provision of this agreement and so indicate by initialing each provision in the space provided after each provision. Sign and date the form.
IN CONSIDERATION OF LEGENDARY SHOOTING SPORTS LLC (LEGENDARY FIREARMS)
ALLOWING (hereinafter referred to as “the participant”) to utilize the facilities and equipment and to participate in shooting activities and its associated activities, including match competition, it is agreed that:
1) PARTIES INCLUDED: The participant understands that this agreement includes LEGENDARY SHOOTING SPORTS LLC (LEGENDARY FIREARMS), its partners, employees, members, directors, officers, instructors, agents, manufacturer, its partners, employees, instructors, and agents, the owner of the structures and/or land utilized for firearm shooting activities, and any public entity or public employee whether paid or volunteers (hereinafter collectively referred to in this agreement as “RELEASES”.
2) ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The participant is fully aware that firearm shooting activities and all associated activities including match competition is inherently dangerous and contains inherent risk and dangers (including serious injury or death), that no amount of care, caution, instruction, or expertise can eliminate. The participant knows and understands that the participant alone is fully responsible for every shot that the participant fires and where that bullet lands/stops. The participant knows and understands the scope, nature, and extent of the risks involved in the activities contemplated by his/her agreement. The participant voluntarily, freely and unconditionally chooses to incur any and all such risks and dangers.
3) EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY: The participant hereby fully and forever discharges and releases RELEASES from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of any damages, both in law and in equity, in any transportation to the shooting range, training, and shooting activities, including not only the participant’s actual shooting time but any activity the participant engages in while on the RELEASES ranges, including but not limited to walking to indoor range, and waiting for participant’s turn to shoot or while watching others shoot, or resulting from the negligence of RELEASES or from any other cause or causes.
4) COVENANT NOT TO SUE: The participant agrees, for him/herself and his/her heirs, executors, administrators, distributes, guardians, legal representatives, or assigns, not to institute any suit or action at law, or otherwise, against RELEASES nor to initiate or assist the prosecution of any claim for damages, or cause of action, which the participant, his/her heirs, executors, or administrators hereafter may have by reason of injury to the person of the participant or to his/her property arising from the activities contemplated by this agreement.
5) INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: The participant agrees unconditionally, for him/herself and his/her heirs, executors, administrators, distributes, guardians, legal representatives, or assigns to indemnify and hold harmless RELEASES from any and all losses, claims, actions, or proceedings of any kind which may be counsel fees incurred by RELEASES, the participant, and indemnified parties, or any of them, for the defense of any such actions which may hereafter arise directly or indirectly from the activities of the participant while engaging in activities contemplated by this agreement.
6) CONTINUATION OF OBLIGATIONS: The participant agrees and acknowledges that the terms and conditions of the above provisions, including ASSUMPTION OF RISK, EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, and INDEMNITY AGREEMENT shall continue in full force. The agreement shall be effective not only for the participant’s first shooting activity but for any and all subsequent shooting or gathering activities in any way associated with RELEASES.
7) MODIFICATION AGREEMENT: This agreement can not be modified orally and a waiver of any provision shall not be construed as a modification of any provision herein,
as a consent to any other provision herein, or as a consent to any subsequent waiver or modification.
I certify that I am a citizen of good repute of the United States of America, that I am not a member of any organization or group having as its purpose or one of its purposes the overthrow by force or violence of the Government of the United States of America or any of its political subdivisions; that I have never been convicted or a crime of violence, and that if admitted to membership I will fulfill the obligations of good sportsmanship and good citizenship.
Jurisdiction and venue for all disputes related to and/or arising out of this agreement shall be vested in the District Court, Bowie County, Texas.
I HEREBY EXPRESSLY RECOGNIZE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS A CONTRACT PURSUANT TO WHICH I HAVE RELEASED ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST “RELEASES” RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN OR A SPECTATOR OF FIREARM SHOOTING ACTIVITIES INCLUDING ANY CLAIMS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF “RELEASES”. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AND FULLY AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I FURTHER CERTIFY THAT I AM EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND STATE THAT I AM NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL, DRUGS, AND/OR ANY OTHER MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCE.
Date: December 5, 2020