Stretch Mark Camouflage Post-Care Instructions
- First 3 days, cold compress the areas 6-9x/day for 10 minutes (refrigerate to not burn the scars).
- Apply Aquaphor on treated areas 3x/day for 15 days with clean hands.
- No working out or sweating for 7 days.
- No saltwater, no pool, no exfoliation or waxing on areas for 14 days.
- Forbidden to sunbath or have direct sun exposure on areas for 45 days.
- First 30 days, do not use sunscreen, sunblock, self-tanning, or any substance that contains vitamin D.
- First 45-60 days, stretch marks will be dark, please do not panic.
- Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. (Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling) it will fade your pigment color.
- No laser removals of any kind due to titanium dioxide.
- Do not scrub, rub, or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready, the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
- For long term care, always use a quality sunblock on the tattoo areas to protect it from fading.
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using the product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the after-care product you are using!
- If you have any questions or concerns, please notify our office immediately.
- If you have an adverse reaction, excessive redness, swelling or tenderness or any red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart, elevated temperature, infection, or purulent drainage from the procedure site, contact your physician for treatment and report to SNHD Special Programs at 702-759-0677, as the area may be infected and you may need to seek medical care.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss!
After-care is extremely important for producing a beautiful and long-lasting result.
Remember, everybody heals differently and at their own natural rate, so take it easy for a few days, drink lots of water, and let your body heal. For most people, the skin should be completely healed within 45-60 days and the color will completely settle within 60-90 days. Results will vary based on your skin, health, and many other factors. Always moisturize, and use sun block thereafter to ensure your tattoo color lasts as long as possible.
FULL Micropigmentation Team
Date: October 17, 2021