READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING IT. YOUR SIGNATURE INDICATES THAT YOU UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU (AND YOUR MINOR) ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGES, FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE STABLE, ITS OWNER, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASEES”). I UNDERSTAND IT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND TO RELEASE THE STABLE, ITS OWNERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS. I HAVE MADE A FREE AND DELIBERATE CHOICE TO SIGN THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER AS A CONDITION TO RELEASEES ALLOWING ME AND OR MY MINOR TO RIDE AND OR HANDLE A HORSE.
In consideration for allowing me (or my minor child) to handle and ride a horse and on behalf of myself, my child or our personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, spouses and assigns: I HEREBY:
- Voluntarily assume all of the risk and danger of injury or death inherent to and release, discharge, hold harmless and promise not to sue the Releasees in the event of: the malfunction, breakage, and loosening of saddles, bridles, billets/latigos, cinches and or any tack, equipment or gear provided by the Releasees. All of which may cause the rider to fall to the ground to be jolted, resulting in serious injury or death.
- Voluntarily assume all of the risk and danger of injury or death inherent to and release, discharge, hold harmless and promise not to sue the Releasees in the event of and Acknowledge that horses may, without warning or any apparent cause: buck, stumble, trip, roll, fall, rear, bite, kick, run, make unpredictable movements, spook, jump obstacles, step on a person’s feet, push or shove a person Ect.
- Voluntarily assume all of the risk and danger of injury or death inherent in the handling or riding of the horse and acknowledge that horseback riding is an inherently dangerous activity and involves risks that may cause serious injury and in some cases death.
- Indemnify, save and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or in any way connected with either mine or my minor’s handling or riding the horse and/or use of any saddles, bridles, equipment or gear provided by the releasees therewith resulting from or contributed to by my own negligence.
- Release the Releasees from any claim that the Releasees were negligent in connection with me or my minor riding a horse, including but not limited to, training or selecting horses, maintenance, care, fit or adjusting of saddles or bridles, instruction on riding skills or leading and supervising riders, which results in loss, damage, injury or death.
- Expressly agree that the foregoing release and assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Florida law, and that in the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the balance of the Agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
- Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against the Releasees for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, I will pay all attorneys fees and costs incurred by the Releasees in defending such an action.
- Acknowledge that Under Florida Law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities. (Florida Statutes 773.01-773.05)
- Acknowledge that anyone associated with the running of Gulf Coast Ponies has the right to refuse to let a child and or adult of any age participate if they are not able to maintain composure while in the presence of the horses.
- By signing this legal binding waiver, I am agreeing that Gulf Coast Ponies owns any pictures or videos that I send to them or they take during my time with them, and have my permission to use them as they see fit.
- IT IS REQUIRED PER FLORIDA STATE LAW THAT ANY RIDER UNDER THE AGE OF 17 WEAR A PROTECTIVE HELMET. ASTM CERTIFIED HELMETS WILL BE PROVIDED BY GULF COAST PONIES AT NO CHARGE.
DATE: June 8, 2023