At Roc-Bloc Ltd ‘we’ are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the ‘Data Protection Act 1998’ (The Act), the data controller is Roc-Bloc Ltd, Unit D & E Freemans Parc, 236 Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF118EQ.
We may collect and process the following data about you;
- Information we collect about you: Each visit to our site may result in auto collection of details about your visit. We collect information that the customer's browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as a customer’s computer Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that was visited, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected the information that it may be used internally and combined with the data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties, for example; business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment & delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers & credit reference agencies, and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to customer browsers from the website that are visited and are stored on our customers computer hard drive. Our website uses these "cookies" to collect information and to improve our Service. Customers have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to their computer. If a customer chooses to refuse our cookies, they may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We use information held about you in the following ways;
Information you give to us: We will use this information in the following ways…
- To carry out obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the good, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit a selected third party to provide you, with information goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order or registration form).
- To notify you about any changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you: We will use this information….
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information: We may share you personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with (them or) you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertiser, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 menaged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in CF1). We may make the use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- (Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you)
We may disclose you personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets.
- If Roc-Bloc Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Roc-Bloc Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data.
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we can not guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Unit D & E Freemans Parc, 236 Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF118EQ.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.