Shark & Ray Interactive Program
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
This document waives the liability of Georgia Aquarium, Inc., and all its subsidiary and affiliated companies (collectively referred to herein as GAI).
READ THIS CAREFULLY
- I desire to participate in activities with the sharks and rays at GAI which may include being in the water with the sharks and rays.
- I understand that the physical activity has varying effects on individuals based upon their size, age, physical condition, and/or state of health. I further understand that it is my sole responsibility to determine my physical fitness for any activity, including participating in water activities with sharks and rays.
- I, THE UNDERSIGNED PARTICIPANT IN THE SHARKS & RAYS INTERACTIVE PROGRAM OF GEORGIA AQUARIUM, INC. (WITH ALL ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES GAI), IN CONSIDERATION OF GAIS ALLOWING ME TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCH ACTIVITY AND TO USE ITS EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS I HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR LOSS TO MY PERSON OR PROPERTY WHICH ARISES FROM OR IS CONNECTED IN ANY WAY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WITH THE HEREIN DESCRIBED ACTIVITY AND/OR MY PARTICIPATION THEREIN. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL WRITTEN MATERIALS GAI HAS FURNISHED ME IN CONNECTION WITH THIS ACTIVITY. I RECOGNIZE THE RISKS INHERENT IN OR POTENTIALLY ASSOCIATED WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY. I RELEASE GAI AND ITS TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND INTERNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER THAT I MAY HAVE OR ASSERT AT ANY TIME IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING. I HEREBY ASSUME THE RISK OF ALL DANGEROUS CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO GAIS ANIMALS AND OTHERWISE IN AND ABOUT THE PROPERTY OF GAI, AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL SPECIFIC NOTICE OF THE EXISTENCE OF DANGEROUS CONDITIONS. I FURTHER INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS GAI, ITS TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND INTERNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DEBTS, CLAIMS, DEMANDS OR OTHER LIABILITY OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH MAY ARISE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY, THROUGH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY DESCRIBED HEREIN. I INTEND THAT THIS SIGNED AGREEMENT SHALL BIND ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING BY, THROUGH, OR UNDER ME OR WHO WOULD ASSERT A CLAIM ON MY BEHALF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ASSIGNS, AND MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY.
- I understand that GAI and all its subsidiary and affiliated companies are not liable for the loss of or damage to my personal belongings while I am participating in activities offered by GAI.
- I consent to the unlimited use, including but not limited to commercial advertising use, of my recorded image, voice, or photograph by GAI and its agents. No further permission is required beyond this consent.
- I understand that entering the program is not recommended for pregnant women.
- I have read and fully understand the Animal Interactive Program Guidelines of GAI: In order to ensure a safe and engaging program for all guests, animals, and staff; acknowledgment of and adherence to the following guidelines are required for participation in all interactive programs at Georgia Aquarium Inc., (GAI). (A.) All participants are required to listen to and follow direction of all employees and agents of GAI while participating in any activity offered by GAI. (B.) While participating in a program always listen to and wait for specific instructions from animal interactive program and/ or training staff prior to: Approaching and/or entering an animals exhibit or habitat; Approaching or interacting with an animal; Touching and/ or feeding an animal. (C.) Guests not following instructions or direction from animal interactive program and/ or training staff may be required to leave the program without reimbursement. (D.) For the safety of the animals, guests participating in the animal interactive program may be required to remove jewelry, watches, and any other loose item such as glasses, sunglasses, hair accessories, etc., prior to entering the animal habitats (*Prescription lenses necessary for vision correction are an exception to this guideline; however we strongly recommend and may require they be secured with a neck strap.). (E.) For the safety of the animals, guests participating in animal interactive programs will be required to wash their hands and/ or sanitize their hands with an approved hand sanitizing product prior to any interaction with animals. (F.) Guests participating in animal interactive programs requiring a GAI wetsuit must wear personal swimwear beneath the suit. It is advised (but not required) to wear a t-shirt or rash-guard beneath the wetsuit for personal comfort. Footwear is required for all guests. (G.) The use of personal cameras, video equipment, and cellular phones is not permitted during animal interactive programs. (H.) Guests believed by GAI staff or agents to be under the influence of alcohol and/ or a controlled substance, or who conduct themselves in a manner that compromises the safety or quality of the program for the animals, other guests, and/ or GAI staff will be required to leave the program immediately, forfeit the right to participate in any remaining aspects of the interactive program, and will not receive reimbursement.
- I acknowledge that I have read this Waiver of Liability carefully and understand its meaning. I am voluntarily releasing the above named parties from liability arising out of or resulting from my participation in activities offered by GAI.