Medically Fit Statement
I hereby confirm that I have read and understood the risks involved in training, and I confirm that I am medically and physically fit to participate in all training.
I understand and confirm that no factors will prevent or affect my participation in training.
I agree to adhere to all instructions given by my instructor(s) throughout the duration of my training. If there is any doubt or concern about my medical fitness, I understand the training provider will stop training and seek a physician’s advice.
As a participant, I understand that activities at height are physically demanding, and physical fitness is a necessity. Upon my attendance, I am stating that I, as the participant, am in good physical health and capable of safely meeting the needs for medical fitness.
I acknowledge that the weight requirement for myself, and all other participants, is a minimum of 130 lbs and a maximum of 310 lbs while wearing all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment*).
*PPE for Working At Height training will include a harness, lanyards, helmet, etc.
Conditions and Risks:
I understand that there are conditions that will potentially make my participation in training inadvisable. I acknowledge that some medical conditions are definite risks to safe and effective work at height training.
These conditions include but are not limited to the following:
· Alcohol or drug dependence
· Allergies (e.g., bee/wasp stings or spider bites)
· Angina or other heart complaints
· Arthritis, osteoarthritis, or other muscular/skeletal disorders affecting mobility
· Asthma or other respiratory disorders
· Blood pressure disorder
· Claustrophobia/acrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces/heights)
· Epilepsy, blackouts, or other seizures
· Recent surgery
· Vertigo or inner ear problems (difficulty with balance)
· Any other medical condition or medication dependency that could affect climbing or the physical impact of climbing
I understand that I am participating in training at my own risk and am absolving Optimum Rope Access Solutions, Inc. (Optimum Academy, Optimum) and all Optimum employees of liability.
I understand that my employer may require a pre-participation physical release from a doctor or licensed healthcare provider if I have any medical conditions that pose a risk to myself during training or to my employment.