Read and understand the risks and our rules
- I have checked the current weather and water conditions and I am aware of any related risks during the expected activity.
- I acknowledge that I can comfortably float or swim in the water. I understand that if I am not comfortable in the water I should not go boating. I understand that this is at my discretion.
- If the Company takes a picture of me I authorize the Company to use it in Company’s marketing and promotional efforts.
- If I get hurt, I authorize the Company to call for medical help on my behalf and I will pay for all my medical fees.
- If I damage the Company’s property I agree to pay the replacement value.
- I have a basic understanding of maritime rules of the road and agree to abide by them. There are significant elements of risk associated with watersports and the outdoors. I acknowledge that some of these risks, including weather conditions, may cause boating to be difficult and dangerous. I acknowledge that there is a possibility of my boat capsizing. If I see danger I will move away from it and alert anyone else, I see on the water of its presence.
- I understand there is no jumping or swimming from the boats.
- The Company is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items. Personal items should be left behind in a secure location.
- I have read, understood and will obey by all safety rules and boundaries.
- I certify that my ward or I am in good health and can perform any strenuous activity required by renting these boats.
Please read, understand, and initial
I agree to be respectful of the environment and private property.
I have read, understand and accept all the above items in Step 2.
I understand that I am responsible to wear my lifejacket properly fastened at all times. If I have any questions about the fit of my lifejacket, I will ask the Company staff before I participate in any on the water activity.
If the boat turns over and/or I find myself in the water, I will hold on to the boat, Upright the boat and try to board. If I swim to shore, I understand much of the bottom contains sharp oyster beds and to do so with caution.
I understand the dangers associated with the local environment, and the health risks that they may impose. (Oysters, Marine life, Plant life etc.)
I will tie up and secure the boat and boat equipment once ashore outside of the tidal range. (Take wind into consideration)
I understand that after closing hours the company is not responsible for aiding or assisting me in any way.
I understand that if assistance is needed in any way after company hours Everglades Emergency Dispatch will have to be notified.
Everglades Emergency Dispatch 844-677-0911
I understand that I am participating in the activity at my own risk. I understand that assistance by anyone will be on the basis of the Good Samaritan Law. I further understand that if any Company employee can see that I need assistance, they may come out to assist me but they are under no obligation to do so.
I understand that participation in the activities associated with the Company, including watersports, is inherently dangerous and may test a person’s physical and mental limits. Such activities have the potential for death, serious injury and property loss to me or my ward, including but not limited to heat stroke, dehydration, sunburn, hypothermia, drowning, abrasions, contusions, muscle and other soft tissue strains and bruises, fractured bones, injuries to joints including knees, ankles and elbows, dislocations, concussions, and cardiovascular injuries including heart attacks and strokes. While the likelihood of serious injury is small, some of these injuries, by themselves or in combination, may lead to serious injury or even death.
I have read and understand the above statements and have had time to ask questions. I sign this statement voluntarily. I have the authority to sign on the behalf of any persons who I bring on the water, as I am a parent or legal guardian.
Date: April 17, 2021