ISLAND OF HAWAIʻI TRAVEL ASSISTANCE QUESTIONNAIRE
Thank you for your interest in the island of Hawaiʻi. If you are a journalist, broadcast production, or social media influencer, and would like to be considered for a sponsored media visit to the island of Hawaiʻi, please complete this questionnaire for the Island of Hawaiʻi Visitors Bureau (IHVB). We will review your request and respond as soon as possible. As we receive a large number of inquiries, we appreciate your understanding that we are not able to support all requests.
- Due to the volume of requests, if you are submitting this questionnaire within six (6) weeks of your desired travel dates, your request may not be given full consideration. In working with our members and industry partners, IHVB requires adequate time for evaluation and coordination of all travel logistics.
- We kindly request links to recently published travel stories, posts for other sponsored destination visits and/or previous broadcast segments. If links aren't possible, please email PDFs. Sample works can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All media and social media influencers receiving travel assistance to the island of Hawaiʻi from the Island of Hawaiʻi Visitors Bureau are required to complete a Waiver and Release Form.
- IHVB only provides travel assistance for qualified media or social media influencers on assignment. If you are traveling with a writing partner or photographer, he/she must complete a separate form to be considered for assistance.
Please also acknowledge the following conditions:
- It is my desire as a responsible content creator to keep visitors safe when they visit the Hawaiian Islands and ensure the destination is portrayed respectfully, paying close attention to cultural sensitivities, areas of no trespass and general safety.
- I am open to receiving HTA’s Maʻemaʻe Style & Resource Toolkit and Sensitive Destinations and Activities Map and understand the importance of referencing these important resources in my work.
- While there are no state or county restrictions for COVID-19 in Hawaiʻi, I will do my part in keeping the island community safe by following health and prevention practices, as well as respecting any COVID-related protocol set forth by Hawai‘i businesses or organizations. For example, some may still require or encourage the use of face masks to protect those who might be more vulnerable.
- With regards to hotels:
- Even in the case of complimentary accommodations, hotels may put a temporary hold of varying dollar amounts on my credit card. I agree that I will be responsible for ensuring that the credit card I use for this purpose is capable of handling this without any problem. I also note that debit cards in particular may incur overdraft charges, of which I will be responsible for, if my credit limit is exceeded.
- With regards to car rentals:
- IHVB’s daily car allowance is meant to cover rental car expenses including gas. Any additional expenses including car upgrades, GPS, insurance, fuel purchase options, additional rental days or drivers are not reimbursable by IHVB.
- If I return the rental car with less than a full tank of gas, I will be charged for refueling expenses which will not be reimbursed by IHVB. I also acknowledge that when I do refuel the car prior to returning it, it is my responsibility to show my gas receipt as proof of purchase to the rental car attendant. Failure to do so could result in additional fees.
- I will be held responsible for any citations or penalties resulting from my operation of the rental car, including (but not limited to) moving and parking violations and the use of hand-held cellular and electronic devices while driving, which is now illegal in Hawai‘i.
- With regards to activities:
- All scheduled activities have a minimum 24-hour cancellation policy unless otherwise noted. I understand that failure to comply with this policy will result in me being charged the full retail price of the activity.
- Punctuality is expected for all scheduled activities. Departure times are firm as listed on the itinerary. If running late, I will contact a IHVB representative immediately. Transportation (taxi or rideshare) to the activity will be at my own expense.
- Services that are not specifically covered in my itinerary, such as meals, hotel services, Internet access, parking, etc., will be at my own expense.
- If packing or purchasing sunscreen, I will use reef-safe products.
- The use of drones is prohibited. Any exceptions must first be approved by the Federal Aviation Agency.
- IHVB may be reimbursing me for some of my travel expenses at the conclusion of my trip and will therefore be issuing a Form 1099-MISC to me as required by law.
IHVB Assistance Disclaimer:
I am aware of the Federal Trade Commission's "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement and Testimonials in Advertising" effective December 1, 2009. I understand and will make every effort to comply with FTC guidelines to inform my audience that this visit was sponsored and/or assisted by the Island of Hawaiʻi Visitors Bureau.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire.
IHVB PR Team