DATE: October 4, 2023
In consideration of the services of Zoar Outdoor Adventure Resort, LLC., their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Zoar"), I hereby agree to release and discharge Zoar, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
- I acknowledge that my participation in outdoor adventure-based activities such as zip line canopy tours, biking, river rafting, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and rock climbing entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. Furthermore, Zoar guides, instructors, facilitators have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather, the elements, or the terrain. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Zoar from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Zoar's equipment, vehicles, facilities, or premises before, during, and after this activity including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Zoar.
- Should Zoar or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume -- and bear the costs of -- all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against Zoar, I agree the Venue of any dispute that may arise out of this agreement or otherwise between the parties to which Zoar or its agents is a party shall be the State Superior Court in Franklin County, Massachusetts. I further agree that the substantive law of Massachusetts shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
I do hereby consent to the use of my image by Zoar for any and all purposes, including without limitation video, still photographs, publication, and any trade or advertising purposes, providing such uses are not made so as to constitute a direct endorsement of any product or service.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged before, during or after my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Zoar on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms. I hereby declare that I am not under the influence of, nor will I use any recreational drugs or alcohol, while participating in any activity at Zoar Outdoor.
I hereby declare, if I am participating in a Zipline Canopy Tour, that I weigh between 70 and 250 lbs.