DATE: April 17, 2021
READ CAREFULLY. THIS DOCUMENT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CLAYS AT LONE OAKS FARM IN RETURN FOR PERMISSION TO COME ONTO THE PROPERTY TO EITHER OBSERVE OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY SHOOTING ACTIVITY INVOLVING SHOTGUNS, RIFLES, AND/OR HANDGUNS.
This agreement entered into between The Clays at Lone Oaks Farm(“TC@LOF”) and (VISITOR name) referred to either as "undersigned" or “participant”.
Whereas, TC@LOF owns and operates a recreational shooting facility in Hardeman County Tennessee, and the undersigned desires to use the facilities to observe or participate in recreational shooting activities involving shotgun, handgun, and rifle. The undersigned acknowledges that shooting activities are inherently dangerous and hazardous activities which may give rise to potential injury or loss or life.
In consideration for the undersigned, or in consideration of the undersigned being allowed to have minors on the premises, and either being allowed to observe or participate in all shooting activity conducted on the property of TC@LOF, whether conducted by TC@LOF, or any other person, or entity, the participant agrees that he/she shall release the University of Tennessee, its trustees, employees, volunteers, agents, and representatives, TC@LOF, its members, officers, directors, employees, or representatives, and any other entity conducting any activity upon TC@LOF property (“released parties”) for any and all causes of action, claims, or damages, to property or persons, up to and including death, however specified and however made, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, arising out of any activities or observation of activities at TC@LOF, whether brought by the undersigned or any person on the undersigned’s behalf. Likewise, the undersigned agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the released parties for any and all causes of action, claims, or damages, to property or persons, up to and including death, however specified and however made, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise, arising out of any activities or observation of activities at TC@LOF, whether brought by the undersigned or any person on the undersigned’s behalf.
It is further agreed that this agreement shall be perpetual in nature and fully effective each time the undersigned comes upon the property of the TC@LOF whether as an observer or participant. To the extent allowed by Tennessee law, this release, hold harmless, and indemnity agreement applies with equal force to any minors brought onto the property of TC@LOF by the undersigned. With respect to the minor, the undersigned confirms that the undersigned is the parent or guardian of the minor and has a right to execute this agreement.
"Participant" agrees to pay all claims, damages, expenses of investigation, litigation or settlement, including attorneys’ fees, which may occur from the use of the property of TC@LOF either as an observer or participant. Participant shall reimburse the released parties, or their assigns, agents, or representatives for any and all costs incurred, including attorneys’ fees, in responding to or defending any claim made as a result of being present on the property of the TC@LOF. The parties agree that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee. This agreement is binding upon the undersigned as well as the heirs, assigns, or representatives, however denominated, of the undersigned and inures to the benefit of the released parties and their assigns, successors in interest, or representatives, however denominated.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE WAIVED SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT, THAT I WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COME UPON THE PROPERTY OF TC@LOF EITHER TO OBSERVE OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY SHOOTING ACTIVITY UNDER ANY SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES.
THE CLAYS AT LONE OAKS FARM
SAFETY IS PRIORITY #1
- First time shooters to TC@LOF are required to read the safety rules & liability release and watch the safety video before shooting.
- Ear and Eye protection are REQUIRED for all shooters, spectators, and personnel on the fields, courses, and shooting stations.
- All shooters must sign in at the club house and receive field assignments BEFORE shooting.
- Shooter MUST RETURN to club house when finished shooting.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
- Use only the correct gauge ammunition for your gun.
- Only 7 1⁄2 , 8, and 9 shot size shells are allowed for all games at the club.
- All guns must be kept UNLOADED with ACTION OPEN at all times when you are not at a shooting station.
- Always keep gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Know your target and what is beyond. Make sure the down range area is unoccupied.
- No more than TWO shells may be loaded when shooting Skeet, Sporting Clays, or 5 Stand.
- Only ONE shell may be loaded for Trap singles or handicaps and TWO shells for Trap doubles.
- Shoot only from designated shooting stations.
- Load guns ONLY when at the shooting station and when you are ready to shoot.
- Only 1 shooter is permitted to shoot at each target, and only 1 gun can be loaded at a time. There is NEVER a backup shooter.
- Guns must be unloaded and action open BEFORE leaving shooting station.
- In the event of a misfire or malfunction, keep the gun pointed down range, carefully open the action, unload the gun, and check the barrels for obstructions.
- NEVER leave your gun unattended.
- NEVER go into the trap or skeet houses or in the sporting clays staging areas at any time. Only TC@LOF staff members and approved personnel are allowed to load or repair any machines at the TC@LOF.
- NEVER go beyond Skeet station 8 and ALWAYS stand behind the shooter when the field is in use.
- NEVER go beyond the 16 yard line on the Trap field.
- NEVER go beyond the shooting stations on the sporting clays course, 5 stand.
- Report all safety violations to TC@LOF personnel.
- Only licensed drivers are allowed to drive any motorized vehicles on the TC@LOF property.
- Maximum vehicle speed on club property is 13 mph.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed prior to or during shooting.
- TC@LOF reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to inspect all guns and ammunition brought to this facility. TC@LOF appreciates any help you give us in picking up your spent shells. There are trash drums located next to the stations on the sporting clays course, and trash drums located on all trap/skeet fields.
- Make sure you and your guests are in compliance of all club rules. Members will be held responsible for their guests’ actions.
First time shooters to the TC@LOF are required to:
- Read and Sign the LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
- Read and Sign the SAFETY RULES
Note: Adults are responsible for all action of youth under 18 years old.
I understand and agree that if I fail to follow these rules, I may be suspended and/or lose shooting rights (including loss of membership) at THE CLAYS @ LONE OAKS FARM. Any money paid will not be refunded if this should occur.
I further understand that if I or any minor I am responsible for damages any property at TC@LOF, I am responsible for payment in full.