Kayaking Rules & Regulations for your safety:
- We believe in the buddy system to keep you safe. Never kayak alone. You can rent two single kayaks (each single kayak has a maximum weight limit of 325 lbs.) or one tandem (each tandem kayak has a maximum weight limit of 500 lbs.).
- Life jackets (PFDs) are the law-with no exceptions, they must be worn at all times.
- If any equipment is not in good working order, Kayak Wisconsin LLC must be notified prior to departure.
- Please rent your kayak at least two hours in advance although we may be able to accommodate last minute reservations. Send us a text message to inquire (920.309-4342)
- Each kayak rack holds locked kayaks. Paddles and life jackets are located in the equipment box. If you do not have your own PFD, one will be provided. There may be standard, fishing, or tandem kayaks available.
- Kayaks are designed for one or two persons only, no additional passengers are allowed, with the exception of tandem kayaks with the molded child seat (a child up to the age of 5 can join two adults).
- Do not push off with the paddle.
- Do not stand up in the kayak.
- Children under 13 years of age must ride in a tandem (double) with an adult over 18 years of age. All persons under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times when kayaking.
- Late fees are one dollar ($1.00) per minute, per kayak, in addition to rental fees. Please be on time for the next person.
- Alcoholic beverages and/or drug use is prohibited.
- Please respect park resources, wildlife, and equipment.
- It's ideal to kayak in conditions that don't include winds over 10mph. It's your responsibility to know your abilities and limitations to paddling conditions for your trip..
Renting kayaks from our stands is similar to renting a car, bike, or kayak from a rental store and transporting it yourself. You are responsible for your own safety and decisions; we are simply providing the equipment in a safe and convenient way. Only use our kayaks if you feel safe paddling a kayak on the river. The Fox River has many dams and locks. Water near dams is turbulent and dangerous. At a minimum, stay 600 feet away from all dams. Our equipment is meant for paddlers who are comfortable being on the water and familiar with boating safety. It is kayak safety and etiquette to always paddle close to the shorelines and stay out of the channels (middle of the river).
All equipment must be returned in the order and condition it was received and locked up within the time period allotted to ensure that the next renters are not waiting. Customers will be responsible for any lost or damaged equipment and any fees associated with necessary cleaning or late returns.
It is also strongly encouraged that paddlers take a kayak paddling safety course, and/or paddle with experienced kayakers. Remember, you are paddling at your own risk.
Rental Equipment Agreement, Waiver and Release of Liability Kayaks and all equipment rented from Kayak Wisconsin LLC.
Kayak Rental Agreement between Kayak Wisconsin LLC, Wrightstown, WI, hereinafter referred, “Lessor,” and the undersigned, hereinafter referred, “Renter.” By signing this document:
- Renter represents that Renter is capable of safely operating and handling the equipment and finds it in good working order, condition and repair. Renter represents that the Renter has adequate skills, knowledge, and experience to safely use a kayak on the river and that adequate preparations have been made to ensure safe completion of the trip.
- Renter shall obey all state, federal, and local boating regulations, laws, ordinances, and lawful directives from appropriate emergency or law enforcement authorities while renting kayaks or equipment from Kayak Wisconsin LLC.
- Renter shall return kayaks and equipment in the condition in which they were received. Minimum charges for repairs, labor, and cleaning will be applied in the event rental kayaks or equipment require repair or excessive cleaning after use. Renter agrees to use all equipment for its designated purpose only.
- Renter shall bear all risk and responsibility of and for all and any damage, loss or theft of rental kayaks and/or equipment, or any portions thereof, including gouges to the hull of the kayak caused by dragging the kayaks over rocks, and shall pay the Lessor the full cost of repair or replacement.
- Renter shall not transport kayaks or equipment. Equipment will be rented from and returned to the same location.
- Renter shall not permit or authorize the use of kayaks or equipment by anyone other than the person who signs this agreement.
KAYAK WISCONSIN ADULT WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE SIGNING
By signing this Waiver and Release of Liability (Agreement), I waive and release Kayak Wisconsin LLC, its agents, servants, employees, insurers, members, managers, and successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages or suits at law and equity of any kind, including but not limited to claims for personal injury, property damage, medical expenses, loss of services, on account of or in any way related to or growing out of my presence or using kayaks or equipment from Kayak Wisconsin LLC.
1. Kayaking may involve a test of a person’s mental and physical limits I FULLY UNDERSTAND that A) Paddlesports and related activities INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“RISKS”); B) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; C) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the activity. I agree not to utilize Kayak Wisconsin LLC equipment unless I am medically able and property trained to use a kayak on a river.
This waiver and release is intended to and does release Kayak Wisconsin, LLC from any and all liability for damages or injuries on account of or in any way related to or growing out of my negligence, the negligence of third parties and Kayak Wisconsin LLC’s negligence. I further covenant and agree not to institute any claims or legal action against Kayak Wisconsin, LLC for any claim released by this Agreement. I further agree that should any claim be made against Kayak Wisconsin, LLC in contravention of this Agreement, including but not limited to derivative claims, I will protect, defend and completely indemnity (reimburse) Kayak Wisconsin LLC for any such claim and expenses including attorney’s fees and costs incurred by Kayak Wisconsin LLC in defending themselves or security indemnity hereunder.
2. I understand that Kayak Wisconsin, LLC is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged valuables or property and I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO USE Kayak Wisconsin LLC for any costs they incur because a claim or legal action is brought in violation of this Agreement.
3. I acknowledge that I have received and read a copy of the current rules and regulations governing the use of the KAYAK WISCONSIN LLC equipment and. I agree that I will fully comply with all rules and regulations and with any amendments.
4.WARNING COVID-19 may be transmitted by hard and soft surfaces. Kayak Wisconsin LLC does not sanitize or disinfect the equipment after each use. Renter is responsible for sanitizing or disinfecting the equipment prior to use.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
Today's date: May 30, 2023