LMMG Range Waiver
All members must complete this form, whether using their own firearms or a Lake Martin Machine Gun (“LMMG”) rental firearm. All information supplied will be kept strictly confidential, not distributed, or made available to others for any purpose and is for the sole use by LMMG to property identify the member, and to document their previous firearms experience. This is being done to best ensure the safety of all range users.
In consideration for being given access to the LMMG facility and/or equipment, the undersigned, for himself or herself and his or her heirs, executors and administrators, releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue LMMG and each of its members, officers, managers, employees and agents for any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever for personal injury or property damage arising out of the use of the equipment and/or facilities of LMMG and agrees to hold LMMG free, clear and harmless and indemnify LMMG from and against any responsibility for any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action for personal injury or property damage, loss or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, arising out of all such use. I acknowledge that as a condition to LMMG allowing me to access the LMMG facility and/or equipment, I will also be required to sign and deliver to LMMG the Adult Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement.
The undersigned agrees to be held financially responsible for any willful act of destruction to any part of the LMMG facility and any LMMG equipment, beyond normal wear and tear.
ADULT RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to enter or use the facilities, including but not limited to the shooting ranges (all of which are hereinafter referred to as the “Facilities”) and participate in the activities of the LMMG Range located at 2520 Red Hill Road, Eclectic, AL 36024 (“LMMG”), I hereby agree to each of the following terms and conditions of this Agreement, and I have initialed each as having been read and understood by me:
1. I have read the LMMG Range Rules and Regulations, a copy of which has been given to me by LMMG. I understand these Range Rules may be amended from time to time and that I am responsible for reviewing the posted Range Rules when I use the LMMG Facilities. I verify that, before using the Facilities, I either have watched or will watch the LMMG safety presentation. I agree to obey and comply with the Range Rules, general policies and rules of operation and administration of LMMG.
2. I am familiar with and understand the operation of each firearm (rifle, handgun, shotgun, or machine gun) which I will use at LMMG. The word “operation” includes the safe handling, loading, and unloading procedures, and safety mechanisms and features of each firearm.
3. I understand that LMMG suggests the use of manufactured commercial ammunition at all times on LMMG ranges. I accept full and complete responsibility for the inherent risks resulting from my and anyone else’s use of reloads or handloads, including all responsibility for personal injuries to myself and anyone else. I also agree to thoroughly check to be sure I am using the correct ammunition at all times.
4. I agree that prior to participating in or observing any shooting activities, I will inspect the Facilities, firearms and ammunition to be used and, if I believe anything is unsafe for any reason, I will so advise a Range Officer and will leave the unsafe portion of the Facilities immediately.
5. I acknowledge and fully understand that I and all others engaged in shooting, coaching, observing or training with firearms at LMMG will be engaged in activities that involve inherent risks of serious personal injury including disability or death and severe social and economic losses which might result from my actions or inactions or the actions or inactions of others; such risks include but are not limited to:
(a) my failure to abide by firearms safety rules or to properly handle or use firearms or ammunition;
(b) the failure of others to abide by firearms safety rules or to properly handle or use firearms or ammunition;
(c) the characteristics, including the design, manufacturing or other defects, of any firearm or ammunition being used by myself or others at LMMG;
(d) the characteristics, including the design, construction, and maintenance, of LMMG’s Facilities including, but not limited to, the multiple firing point ranges; and
(e) the inability of LMMG personnel (including Range Officers) to, at all times, monitor or supervise LMMG members, their guests, hourly fee users and others using the LMMG Facilities including said ranges.
6. I recognize that I may be expelled from the Facilities for violation of the Range Rules or for behavior deemed unsafe by LMMG personnel. Decisions regarding expulsion are final.
7. I accept full responsibility for any damage or destruction I cause to LMMG property, whether accidental, negligent, willful, or otherwise. LMMG property includes, but is not limited to, the facility, range equipment, target frames, target supports or mechanisms, firearms, signs, and all equipment, electrical and otherwise. LMMG reserves the right to recover from me a reasonable charge for any such damage and is entitled to recover its costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in bringing any claim for such damage.
8. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, I hereby assume all risk of personal injury, disability or death. The word “damages” includes, but is not limited to, the incurring of physical and emotional injury of any kind, loss of physical function, ability or capacity, medical expenses, lost wages or income, loss of consortium and any other compensatory damage.
9. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, I hereby waive, release and discharge SIXSHOOTER, LLC, Lake Martin Machine Gun, LMMG Munitions and Jodie McGirt (LMMG’s Landlord) and their affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, owners (members), managers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, actions or lawsuits seeking damages on account of any personal injury, disability or death occurring to myself or anyone else, caused in whole or in part or alleged to be so caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties or caused by anyone else.
10. On behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, I hereby agree to indemnify and defend the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands, actions or lawsuits for any personal injury, disability or death occurring to myself or any other person which result entirely or in part from the actions, failure to act, or negligence of myself, my guests or minors for whom I am responsible.
11. I agree that this Adult Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement shall be interpreted according to Alabama law and that any dispute shall be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts located in the State of Alabama.
12. Membership in the LMMG Facility will be only be available to persons who are legally able to possess a firearm. LMMG Members must be in compliance at all times with all federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning ownership and handling of firearms. Membership will be granted, and may be revoked, at the sole discretion of LMMG.
13. I certify as follows: (1) I am not currently and have never been the subject of a criminal or any other proceeding that prevents me from legally owning, handling or possessing firearms under Alabama or Federal law; (2) that I can lawfully own, handle and possess a firearm; and, (3) that all information given in this Application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
14. I am NOT an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug or any other controlled substance.
15. In the event I bring a minor to LMMG, the attached Guardian’s Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement has been signed by the minor’s legal guardian.
16. I recognize the safety of everyone at LMMG is my responsibility and I agree not to cause harm to myself or others at LMMG.
17. I recognize that if I do anything while using the Facilities (including in any of the parking areas of the Facility) to in any way intentionally cause personal injury (including death) to myself or that may intentionally or negligently cause personal injury (including death) to any third party or any property owned by any third party (including LMMG), LMMG shall have the right to bring a claim against me and/or my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns to recover damage cause both to any property of LMMG and to the business of LMMG as a result of such acts.
I hereby verify and confirm that I, the actual signer of this Agreement, am and adult over the age of 18 years, that I have read and initialed each of the above terms and conditions, that I understand everything set forth above and that I have knowingly given up substantial legal rights by signing below, which I do voluntarily.
RANGE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Your range access is limited to the authorized club member and authorized associate members. Allowing a person not authorized by LMMG to use your membership enter the range is strictly forbidden and is subject to membership termination and prosecution under Alabama penal codes 13A-7-3 and 13A-8-10 governing trespassing and theft of service laws.
2. LMMG Guest Policy: Members may bring up to 3 guests per visit for a guest fee of $20 per guest per day. Kids under 19 shoots for free. Guests must read & sign a club liability waiver (provided at desk) prior to using LMMG ranges. Members are responsible for the behavior of their guests and they must always remain with the member while on the range. Family members are also included in your LMMG membership as associate members. These are defined as a spouse and children under age 19. You must accompany your associate members and guests on the range, at all times.
3. No one is allowed on the range under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance.
4. No loaded firearms are to enter or exit the building. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded. Loaded firearms at firing line only. No firearms are permitted in the pro shop area without being in a bagged, flagged or locked.
5. Firearms may be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of LMMG’s staff. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will not be allowed onto the range.
6. LMMG is a cold range. No loaded weapons may be handled except on a firing line. All guns should be holstered, flagged, or bagged when not on a firing line. After loading, the firearm must be pointed downrange toward the backstop at all times. Do not break the 90-degree plane respective to the rear berm at any time with a loaded weapon.
7. No un-aimed fire. All shots must be controlled and aimed. No bump firing from the hip. Full auto or simulated full auto may only be fired in the Machine Gun Bay and 50 BMG may only be fired with prior approval.
8. No steel targets may be shot from a distance closer than 10 yards with a pistol or 50 yards with a rifle. Absolutely no rifles or shouldered weapons of ANY caliber allowed on the pistol bays in the pistol pits. Any steel used at LMMG must be AR400/500 (armor plate). No mild steel and no steel with holes or craters allowed. Spinning steel targets are not allowed.
9. Firing at cans, blocks of wood, bottles, concrete, or any other object that creates litter or debris is strictly forbidden except for stationary clay birds which may be placed on the berms.
10. POSITION ALL TARGETS SO THAT ALL BULLETS SAFELY IMPACT INTO THE BERMS. DO NOT SHOOT AT ANYTHING PLACED ON THE GROUND OR ON THE GROUND BAFFLES AS DANGEROUS RICHOCHETS MAY OCCUR. Targets must be set so as to insure that all bullets impact in such a way that they stay on the property and cause no safety problem. This requires that targets be set so that the top of the target is below the top of the berm which must be immediately behind the target. If shooting kneeling or prone your target height will need to be adjusted accordingly. Being a member of LMMG does not give you permission to discharge firearms haphazardly. If used properly no rounds will exit any range. If a round leaves the range from YOUR firearm YOU are responsible for where that round lands and the injury or damage it may cause.
11. When you arrive at any of the rifle ranges check to make sure no one is downrange checking targets. Only after you have verified the range is clear downrange may you unpack your firearms and set up your bench. When going downrange use the range condition, color, indicator to indicate cease fire or live fire in progress. Red is cease fire, green is live fire in progress.
12. Absolutely no pistols to be fired on the rifle ranges.
13. RIFLE RANGE CEASE FIRE RULE: All members must work together to go downrange to check or change targets at the same time. Please talk to each other and try to reach a viable accommodation. The rule however is as follows: The cease fire rule is in effect every time someone wants to do down ramie.
14. Children must be kept under supervision at all times and are never permitted to play on any of the ranges, whether they are in use or not.
15. Each shooter must police his or her firing area and deposit all used targets, trash, and backers in the proper receptacles before leaving the range. Trash includes spent cases and hulls. Rimfire cases are the exception.
16. All handguns, rifles and shotguns are subject to approval.
17. No head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a minimum of 15” below the target hangers.
18. Wearing or drawing from a holster is only permitted for law enforcement, military and LMMG approved members who have passed an efficiency test with a LMMG representative/RSO.
19. The muzzle of all firearms must be kept pointed downrange at all times. If leaving the range temporarily, leave all firearms on the firing line unloaded with the action open and the muzzle pointing downrange. The following gun handling rules must be obeyed at all times:
A. Always keep your gun pointed down range
B. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
C. Always keep action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot
D. Identify your target and what is behind the target
E. Be sure gun is safe to operate
F. Know how to use the gun safely
G. Use only correct ammunition for your specific gun
H. Unload, open the action, remove the magazine and bench all firearms during a cease-fire
20. All firearms must arrive and leave the range in a case. No uncased firearms may leave the shooting booth area.
21. If a misfire or other malfunction occurs, keep the firearm pointed downrange and signal the range staff. Place the firearm on the bench pointed downrange, and obtain assistance. DO NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
22. All ammunition is subject to inspection and approval. Allowable calibers are: Handguns, .22 rimfire through .50 caliber. Rifles that are chambered for handgun ammunition or .223 through .308 caliber. NO PISTOLS THAT ARE CHAMBERED FOR RIFLE CARTRIDGES. ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED. ABSOLUTELY NO TRACER AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED!! Shotguns: SLUG ONLY. Shotguns are to be fired from the shoulder only. NO STEEL SHOT IS ALLOWED. AUTOMATIC SHOTGUNS WITH PISTOL GRIPS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
23. LMMG and its staff shall not be held liable for any damages incurred from use of ammunition. Customer will resolve any issues with the manufacturer of the product.
24. No fast or rapid firing allowed without expressed approval from a LMMG representative/RSO. Allow at least 2 seconds between shots. Any hazardous behavior WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM THE PREMISIS.
25. Comply with all instructions from the range staff.
26. Report any unsafe conduct to the range staff immediately.
27. Any brass being removed from the range must be marked. Please notify the cashier during check-in. Otherwise, all brass is the property of LMMG.
28. Any violation of range safety rules will result in IMMEDIATE REPRIMAND and possible DISMISSAL from the range.
29. Only ammunition purchased at LMMG will be allowed for rental firearms.
30. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR PARTIES EXPELLED FROM THE RANGE FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE RANGE SAFETY RULES AND UNDERSTAND THE RANGE SAFETY RULES OF LMMG’S RANGE. I WILL FULLY COMPLY WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE RANGE SAFETY RULES. LMMG’S RANGE SAFETY RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Today's Date: April 22, 2021