APPLICATION AND WAIVER/RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR PARTICIPATION AT PARKER’S AIRSOFT Field. Located at 3450 Clover Rd, BETHEL, OH 45106 and operated by OP-IV LLC. As a prospective participant in the sport of Airsoft, it is extremely important that you understand the risks of personal injury and/or death that are associated with the sport. The following is intended to inform you of the general nature of those risks before your participation begins. The following is not intended to be an exhaustive discussion of those risks. Accordingly, should you have any questions about the nature and extent of those risks you should question the management of this field. Only after you have satisfied yourself as to the nature and extent of the risks involved as a participant in Airsoft should you sign this document. If I (OP-IV LLC, Larry Boyd, Cassandra Boyd, or Janet Conway, owners of this property) do not have a waiver on file for any participant who is on the field playing, then that person or persons does NOT have permission to be on the property for any reason and shall be deemed to be trespassing upon the property and the proper law enforcement officials will be notified. Even if there is no waiver on file for an individual, then the body of the waiver contained herein shall be deemed the governing body for said person regarding personal or physical injury either to the person himself or property. Trespassing charges may be added on top of this action as well.
1. The sport of Airsoft is an inherently dangerous activity. The game involves the use of high-powered guns (air rifles) that fire plastic pellets at high velocities. Without adequate protection, these pellets could break or penetrate the skin on impact. Should a pellet strike a person in the eyes, ears, nose or any vital area of the body that is not adequately protected, temporary or permanent injury, or in extreme circumstances, death, may occur.
2. Participants play the game on rough and hazardous terrain. Notice, this terrain includes; rocky hills, deep creeks, high bluffs, hidden holes, fallen trees, wild animals, high voltage lines, sandy creek banks, deep trenches, deep ditches, hidden drop offs of more than 6ft, swamps, slippery ground, dry ground, old hidden wire fences at tripping level, and uneven ground. Please do not drink the creek water from this property as we have not tested the sources of the water. This facility takes no responsibility for the safety of the field. If you play, you are assuming all risks involved and understand that the field is provided in “as is” condition. The risk of injury OR gross negligence on the part of the owner or other participant exists and there remains the risk that a participant could be injured as a result of the hazardous nature of the terrain, the structures, other participants or the nature of the game itself. By signing this waiver OR choosing to participate in ANY EVENT on the property known as "Parker’s Airsoft Field” located at 3450 Clover Rd Bethel OH 45106" all individuals, their guardians or respective representatives knowingly give up and forever abandon all attempts at any form of re-compensation due to any injury sustained while on the property.
3. The sport of Airsoft involves rigorous and strenuous physical activity on the part of the participant. Accordingly, a person should not participate in the sport if he or she is not in good physical condition, or has any physical or mental illness or handicap which could be worsened by such participation or make the participant more vulnerable to physical injury or death. In some cases, players may be exposed to plants or elements that could cause serious injury as a result of an allergic reaction. By signing this form, you and every legal guardian that can claim you as a dependent or child, or duly appointed representative are attesting to the fact that you are in sufficient medical and physical shape to play the sport on Parker’s Airsoft field.
4.We do not sell food, but during events there are many players that share food and it is the responsibility of the individual to accept or deny food. Please be ware of food and drinks and be sure that they are sealed and properly labeled before consumtion.
5. It shall always be the responsibility of each participant to obey all rules and utilize all safety equipment. Safety equipment is designed to minimize the risk of injury and/or death, but its proper use does not guarantee that such injury will not occur. This field does not employ the active use of referees or individuals whose duty it is to maintain an active, vigilant watch during play. There is no stated adult supervision on the field at any time. At no time while a participant is on the field is there any stated person other than the participant whose job it is to make sure that all safety rules and regulations are followed. This is the responsibility of the individual playing and absolutely no implications otherwise are being made contrary to that option. By signing this waiver, you and your guardians are stating that you fully understand that the participant and ONLY THE PARTICIPANT is responsible for their safety while on this property. By signing this waiver, the undersigned (and, if applicable, his or her guardian(s)) acknowledges that he/she has read the foregoing disclosures of the risks and, further, agrees that he/she assumes all such risks and will hold the owners, operators, participants, sponsors and all of their agents and/or employees completely free and harmless from all damages from physical injuries and/or death which may result from the undersigned's participation whether outside or inside any of the fields facilities or geographical boundaries. Also, by signing this waiver the participant and guardians listed agree to the same above conditions should any damage arise to their physical or personal property. Furthermore, by signing this waiver, you are stating that you are of sound mind and body and FULLY understand the document which you are signing. If parents or legal guardians are signing, they too, state that they are of sound mind and body and are fully aware of the details of this document and the risks involved with a child playing this sport. They are also bound by all statements made within this document. Parents or legal guardians are not required to remain on-site while their children are playing as long as the child is aged 14 years or older, but if they choose to leave, they knowingly give up the right of adult supervision of children on the premises. There is NO SPECIFIED ADULT SUPERVISION ON THE FIELD AT ANY TIME. This means that even though adults may be present during play, they are NOT there in any official monitoring capacity and cannot be held accountable in such a capacity. If participant is 17 years of age or under, his/her legal guardians must also sign below:
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR GAME DAYS
This document must be signed and dated before a player will be allowed to play on the field. By signing this document, you are signifying that you have read and understood the basic rules of play for the Parker’s Airsoft Field and its host OP-IV LLC. Failure to follow these rules is grounds for being escorted off the field or outright banned from playing. This form is the abridged version of our rules, the ones we have the most problems with, or people ask the most about. Complete game day rules will be gone over at the safety briefing before play but understand that whoever is running the field for a selected game you may attend, may not adhere strictly to every one of these rules. If a game day host does NOT mention changes to any of these rules, ASSUME THEY ARE ALL BEING USED! • Airsoft is a game of HONOR above anything else. We all love to win, but this is NOT an online game where you can hide behind your keyboard anonymously on the internet. This is NOT Call of Duty. You CAN NOT CHEAT HERE AND EXPECT TO GET AWAY WITH IT • CALL YOUR HITS! If you are being shot, SOMEONE SEES YOU AND IS SHOOTING YOU! • THESE ARE NOT REAL GUNS! They shoot plastic bbs. Just because you put 50 rounds downrange, does NOT mean you hit someone. Do not holler out “I shot you! You’re hit! Call your hits!” If you think a player is cheating, tell a ref and we will watch them • We divide into 2 main teams to play on game days Green and Tan. We tell the side you are on by the COLOR OF YOUR SLEEVES. Because most players wear tac vests of some type, it's hard to tell teams by chest color, so we use YOUR SLEEVES. For events we will have a uniform restriction. For the INITIATION the color uniform restrictions are GREEN and TAN. IF you show up with out the proper color uniforms you will NOT be allowed to play. Even if you have purchased a ticket.
• AEGs 400 fps with .20 gram NO MINIMUM ENGAGEMENT
• LMGs 400 fps with .20 gram MINIMUM 50' ENGAGEMENT
• SNIPER RIFLES 550 fps with .20 gram MINIMUM 100' ENGAGEMENT.
Fireworks are NOT allowed on the field. Do NOT bring bottle rockets to the field. Grenades ARE ALLOWED if they follow the outline of the FIELD APPROVED GRENADE page. ANY GRENADES OR PYRO OF ANY KIND other than that listed specifically on the field approved grenade page MUST BE APPROVED BEFORE THE GAME by Parker’s or OP-IV Core team. Your device will be set off in front of everyone present before being allowed onto the field and if it is approved, you will be allowed to use it. Because there are younger players present on most game days, however, expect your design to NOT be approved on the first try. Hot and/or Cold burning smoke can be used if conditions allow. This will be decided on game day by Parker’s or OP-IV Core members. DEATH RAGS ARE MANDATORY FOR 2021. If you show up to play without a RED DEATH RAG you will be required to purchase one at the field or leave. Death Rags are $1 each at the field. A MINIMUM OF ANSI RATED EYE PROTECTION GOGGLES/ GLASSES ARE REQUIRED. We highly recommend full-face masks for younger players, but it is not required to play. If you do not wear a full-face mask, we highly recommend a mouthguard. $7 now or $1200 at the dentist, it’s your call. Players under the age of 14 are REQUIRED to have 1 parent or guardian at the field. Guardian can be a sibling that is at least 16 years old. 1 parent or guardian is allowed per group if you carpool together. Said parent or guardian must stay at the field while the player is at the field. Parents are not required to play and may spend the day in the shade of the parking lot or watch the games. For overnight events parents must be on the field with their minor child. PLAIN CLOTHES LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS PLAY WITH US ON GAME DAYS. Do not move or reposition field props. LEAVE THEM WHERE THEY ARE. AIRSOFT IS A BIG BOY AND GIRL SPORT. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR AGE IS, IF YOU ARE PLAYING WITH US ON THE FIELD, WE EXPECT YOU TO CONDUCT YOURSELF AS AN ADULT WITH SOME COMMON SENSE AND COMMON DECENCY WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYING. I have read the rules and understand them. I understand these are in no way all the rules I may be held to while I play