- ALWAYS treat all guns as if they are loaded at all times.
- ALWAYS keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
- NEVER point a firearm at anyone at any time.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS know your target and what lies beyond it.
Eye and ear Protection: All persons, including observers, will wear eye and ear protection when inside the fence on trap and skeet fields, the 5-stand area, on the sporting clay courses or at the patterning board. Individuals assume all responsibility for any injury that occurs by not wearing eye and ear protections and agree to hold Powder Creek harmless.
Loading the shotgun: Do not load the firearm until it is your turn to shoot. You must be on a designated shooting station for trap and skeet or in the designated stands for 5-stand and sporting clays.
Action open: Always carry your shotgun with the action open until you are in a designated shooting position or stand and ready to shoot.
Number of shells in the gun: Never load more shells than allowed as listed below. Loading more than allowed ammunition is grounds for removal from the premises.
- Trap: 1 shell at a time.
- Skeet: Never more than 2 shells.
- 5-Stand: Never more than 2 shells.
- Sporting Clays: Never more than 2 shells.
Target Loads only: Only LEAD shot is approved. Ammunition larger than 12 gauge consisting of 2 ¾” in length and 1 1/8 ounces of shot is NOT allowed. Only shot size of 7 ½ - 9 are allowed. Shooting non-permitted ammunition is grounds for removal from premises. If you are in question about your ammunition meeting this requirement, please ask management to confirm.
Rules of Conduct
The club is a safe, friendly and respectful place for our members and visitors to gather together in the spirit of fellowship, relaxation, and recreation for enjoyment of the shotgun sports. All members, staff, guests and visitors are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that treats members, staff and visitors in a respectful and friendly manner. Any violation of the rules will be grounds for removal from the property. We reserve the right to restrict access to the property for any persons not adhering to these rules:
- While waiting for your turn to shoot, be certain your position is safely behind the shooter and clear of their field of vision.
- Practice swings from behind a designated shooting position are not allowed.
- When exiting a designated shooting station, the shooter will ensure that the shotgun is unloaded and the action is open.
- Consumption of drugs/alcoholic beverages is NOT allowed before or during shooting. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on any of the courses or fields.
- Never handle another shooters gun without permission.
- It is strictly forbidden to shoot any bird or animal while on Powder Creek property.
- If you are using an ATV, 4 wheeler, Gator or golf cart on the property we ask that you use extreme caution and respect of fellow shooters who are walking. Keep your speed to 10 MPH or less.
- Dispose of all empty shell cases in the trash containers.
- Comply with all directions and warnings as posted.
- All individuals are required to report any safety violations, unsafe use of a firearm, act of vandalism, injury on the property, or violation of any rules while on the property.
- All pets are to be on a leash and under owner control except in the off-leash area. The designated off leash area is the grassy area near the pond.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied and under supervision of an adult to handle any firearm unless the individual is approved by club management.
- Operation of any automobile is allowed only on designated areas.
- Members shall be considerate of other members while present at the club.
- Members will refrain from the use of obnoxious, offensive or abusive language.
- When a Powder Creek employee is in a trap house, an orange safety cone will be placed on top of the trap house, never activate the voice activated system or shoot.
- All firearms will be discharged from the shoulder.
- Only authorized persons are allowed in the trap and skeet houses or near sporting clays machines or mechanical lifts.
- If you see someone acting in an unsafe manner, politely mention it to them, referring to the appropriate club rules. If the situation continues or is ignored, report this to club management immediately.
- I assume all responsibility for my personal actions and waive for myself, administration, successors and assignees all claims or demands against Powder Creek Shooting Park or its agents, servants, employees or volunteers for any or all injury or loss occurring or arising out of my exercise of any privileges granted to me by this form.
I agree that I have read and understood these rules and that I will abide by such.