Anyone using the Cardinal Shooting Center must read the Cardinal Shooting Center Range Rules, Procedures, and Safety Requirements and read and complete this Release and Indemnity Agreement prior to use. All information supplied will be kept strictly confidential and not distributed or made available to others for any purpose, except as required by law. The required information is for the sole use by Cardinal Shooting Center to properly identify the user and record the user’s agreement to release claims and indemnify and hold Cardinal Shooting Center and its officers and employees harmless for any accidents caused, in whole or part, by the user.
In consideration of being permitted to enter for any purpose the Cardinal Shooting Center, and/or being permitted to shoot and or observe any activity in the shooting range, I, the undersigned, on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors, and assigns:
- To the fullest extent of the law, hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Cardinal Shooting Center, its owners, operators, employees, agents, and servants (the “Releasees”) from all liability to the undersigned for all loss or damage and any claim or demand on the account of any injury to person or property, including death.
- To the fullest extent of the law, hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage, or cost that they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in or upon the premises for any purpose, to the extent such loss, liability, damage, or cost is caused by the undersigned.
The undersigned expressly acknowledges and agrees that the activities of the range are very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. The undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing release and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Ohio and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.
The undersigned agrees to be financially responsible for any knowingly willful act of destruction to the range equipment, beyond normal wear and tear.
The undersigned has read and voluntarily signs this release and indemnity agreement, and further states and agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from this written agreement have been made.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF CLAIMS. I ASSUME ALL RISK INHERENT IN SHOOTING. I VOLUNTARILY SIGN MY NAME EVIDENCING MY ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- All shooters and spectators must wear eye and ear protection while on the range.
- All firearms are to be treated as if they are loaded with your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Muzzles must be pointed down-range while shooting, loading and unloading.
- Load your firearm only when it is your time to shoot.
- In no circumstance shall more than two shells be loaded into your shotgun.
- If you are shooting with a group, only one person may be shooting at a time.
- While not shooting, your firearm must be unloaded with the action open and the muzzle pointed up to the sky or down to the ground.
- All shotgun ammunition must be clay target loads – 7.5, 8, or 9 shot. You cannot shoot buck shot or game loads (2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shot) at clay targets.
- Shotguns with barrel lengths of less than 24 inches are not allowed unless it is a youth model shotgun.
- Do not attempt to fix clay target equipment.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULE STATEMENT ABOVE. REFUSAL TO FOLLOW WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE PREMISES.
Date: September 26, 2023