- This is a very strenuous ride. Riders must be able to swim in turbulent moving water.
- Flow Board/Body Boarding or Body Surfing this sheet wave is a body-active participatory sport. As with a all sports, care must be taken to avoid injury.
- Riders must be in good physical condition and free from any physical limitations to participate. Pregnant women and persons with a history of heart, back, neck, shoulder, or joint problems should not ride.
- Riders must be 42” tall to “Body Board” and 52” tall to use the “Flow Board”.
- Jewelry, hats, eye glasses, or loose articles of any type are not recommended on the ride, as they may injure the participant or damage the ride surface.
- Bodyboarding: When instructed by the gatekeeper, place your body board into the launch ramp, slick side down. Lie down with your stomach on the body board, head first with your hips along the rear of the board. Your legs should be extended straight behind you. Your hands should grab the forward rails of your board.
- Flowboarding: When instructed by the gatekeeper, position your front foot onto the flow board at approximately 16 inches from the front of the board and place your back foot approximately four inches from the tail of the board. Place your weight primarily on your back foot.
- Do not run, jump, or enter into the ride at high speeds—You will wipe out and risk of injury is greatly increased!
- Steer Flowboard/Bodyboard into the center of the flowing water. You can control your Bodyboard by gently shifting your weight.
- Obey the wave staff at all times.
- Single riding only is permitted. No tandem riders or multiple single riding is allowed.
- The flowing water may pull off bathing suits, bottoms, and loose clothing.
- Horseplay and daredevil stunts are not permitted.
- Riders must be bare foot.
- Caution!! The ride surface is very slippery.
Release of Liability
I, the undersigned, hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish any and all claims or cause of action for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death which may arise out of or in connection with my participation in the simulated surfing attraction known as FlowRider located at the Lindon Aquatics Center, 60 N 60 W, Lindon, Utah; no matter how such injuries or damages occur.
I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FLOWBOARD RIDING ACTIVITIES HAVE INHERENT DANGER THAT NO AMOUNT OF CARE, CAUTION, INSTRUCTION, OR EXPERTISE CAN ELIMINATE AND I EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNATRILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, WHETHER FORSEEABLE OR NOT, SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION ON THE FLOWRIDER.
Accordingly, under no circumstances will I, nor any of my heirs, distributes, guardians, legal representatives and assigns present or bring any claim for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death against: Lindon City, and any of their subsidiary companies (hereinafter “RELEASEES”) or any officer, director, member, agent, servant, or employee of RELEASEES based upon RELEASEES negligent acts or omissions.
I, individually, and/or on behalf of the minor participant listed below, also hereby agree to a blanket event release of all rights related to my audio and photographic image that may arise out of my participation in activities on or around the FLOWRIDER water attraction. I understand that this event release includes any and all marketing, promotion or advertising specific to any event that may occur anywhere and anytime on any media as later used by RELEASEES or any of their representatives or assigns.
The RELEASEE shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah. Any action at law, suit in equity, or other jurisdictional proceeding arising in connection with the Agreement or my participation on the FlowRider, shall be instituted only in the courts of Utah county, Utah.
BY SIGNING BELOW I ACKNOWLEDGING THAT I HAVE READ THIS APPLICATION DISCLOSURE AND WAIVER IN ITS ENTIRETY (BOTH THE FRONT AN D BACK), THAT UNDERSTAND THAT THE FOREMENTIONED RISKS ARE AMONG THE RISKS I (OR MY CHILD OR WARD ) WILL BE EXPOSED TO WHEN RIDING THE FLOWRIDER, THAT I HAVE READ THE FLOW RIDER RULES AND AGREE TO FOLLOW SUCH RULES, AND THAT I AM AWARE THAT THIS RELEASE IS LEGALLY BINDING AND THAT I AM RELEASING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS BY VOLUNTARILY SIGNING.