READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, THE PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE DOCUMENT'S TERMS.
1. Assumption of Risk. I acknowledge that working with and being exposed to all animals on the property of Harmony Farm Sanctuary (“Organization”) is a high-risk activity and that I am participating at my own risk. I have full knowledge of the hazards and potential hazards that are inherent in this activity. I acknowledge that the inherent risks of animal-related activities mean there are dangers or conditions that exist that are an integral part of activities with the animals, including, but not limited to:
(A) The propensity of an animal to behave in ways that may result in injury, harm, or death to persons on or around the animal;
(B) The unpredictability of an animal’s reaction to things such as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals;
(C) Certain hazards, such as surface and subsurface conditions that exist in the farm and the property;
(D) Collisions between animals or objects; and
(E) The potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or to others, such as failing to maintain control over an animal or not acting within the participant’s ability.
2. Medical Treatment. I hereby give consent and authority to the Organization to obtain medical treatment on my behalf if I am injured or require medical attention during my participation in the activities. I understand and agree that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment, medical transportation, and/or evacuation. I hereby release, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Organization from any claim whatsoever in connection with such treatment or other medical services.
3. Release and Waiver. In consideration of being allowed to participate in this activity and being allowed on the Organization’s property, I hereby fully and forever assume all risk and I hereby release and absolve the Organization from all responsibility, liability, or claims of any nature and kind that may arise from my participation in this activity, including but not limited to, bodily injury or death to myself or any animal and damage to property arising from any cause whatever, including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
4. Insurance. I understand that the Organization does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance of any nature in the event of my injury, illness, or death, or damage to or loss of my property.
I also understand that workers’ compensation insurance is not available to volunteers and that the Organization does not provide workers’ compensation insurance for volunteers. I expressly waive any claim for compensation or liability on the part of the Organization in the event of any injury or medical expense.
5. Indemnification. I hereby indemnify and save and hold harmless the Organization from and against any loss, liability or damage that it may incur arising out of or in any way connected with my or our use of any animal or any equipment or gear provided by the Organization, any acts or omissions of the Organization, or my presence on the property.
6. I hereby agree that the foregoing release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Oregon and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law, that it is intended to comply with and is subject to any specific limitations of O.R.S. §30.689. In the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the balance of the Agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way and shall continue in full force and effect.
I hereby declare that in making this entry that I have read and fully understand and agree to the terms and conditions stated herein and that it is binding upon my executors, heirs, and assigns.
HFS Volunteer Liability Waiver 2022