Contract Activation Request (COVID-19 Summer 2021 Reopen)
Additional Contract Terms
I am requesting my annual membership/monthly continuous pass to be activated and I understand the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with myself in choosing to participate.
I understand that my facility access can, and will, be restricted due to reduced hours of operation, unavailable services including but not limited to equipment, change rooms and drop-in classes during a staged reopening of WRC due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to all other terms and conditions in my new contract, I agree that annual memberships/monthly passes will not be discounted for reduced availability or limited services
WRC has outlined the following member/pass holder expectations and provisions to mitigate the risks of operation during the COVID-19 pandemic
- I will not come to the facility if I, or anyone in my household, are sick or showing symptoms of being sick.
- I will not come to the facility if I, or anyone in my household has been in close unproctected contact in the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19.
- I will not come to the facility if I, or anyone in my household, has been sick or travelled internationally in the last 2 weeks.
- I understand the benefits of frequent handwashing and will thoroughly cleanse my hands prior to entering the facility; alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be available for me to utilize before entering Westside, before and after using washroom facilities, and prior to departure.
- I agree to adhere to physical distancing requirements of 3 metres (10 feet) at all times. I agree that this can add complexity to participation in some activities, but I will consider physical distancing as superseding recreation participation.
- I will cover any cough or sneezes.
- I will follow all signage, wayfinding and traffic routes.
- I agree to comply with WRC face covering guidelines.
- I agree to adhere to basic illness prevention strategies including leaving the facility if feeling unwell, refraining from touching objects unnecessarily, and not sharing equipment.
I understand and will abide by all applicable rules for WRC facility access including compliance with all applicable current public health measures and any other applicable Alberta Health guidance. I further understand that even with the above procedures in place there is risk of injury or illness in participating in the services at WRC and agree that I must also read, acknowledge and sign the Westside Adult Waiver Agreement (see separate document) in order to activate my membership (or monthly continuous pass). Note: A separate Westside Minor Indemnity Agreement must be signed when activating dependents under 18 years of age.
I have read, understand and agree to the additional terms and conditions of the WRC contract.