Terms & Conditions
- I agree to read and abide by the Terms & Conditions including all Important Information, Rules, Codes of Ethics and Policies and Procedures of Obstacle Course Racing School.
- I understand all participants need to wear appropriate fitness attire at all times including joggers.
- I understand that myself and/or my child will be refused training if fees or associated costs are in arrears.
- I agree to sign the waiver before participating
- Whilst Obstacle Course Racing School prides themselves on being a safe activity and do their best to eliminate safety hazards, accidents can happen. I understand the sport of Obstacle Course Training can result in injury and I give permission for myself and/or my child to receive medical/ambulance assistance in case of emergency and agree to pay such costs incurred.
- I agree to notify Obstacle Course Racing School of any changes to a participants medical or emergency contact information.
REGISTRATION FEE (TERM AND ADULT REGISTRATIONS ONLY)
There is a one off registration and insurance fee for the year which is $70 for all participants who do our 45 minute classes. Kids who do our 30 minute classes are charged at $60. If this registration fee is not paid, participants will not be eligible to take part in our term classes. Registration expires on 31st December each year. This fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY (TERM REGISTRATIONS ONLY)
If you would like to cancel your booking, we have a minimum two-week notice period. You will be liable for the 2 week payment after your notice is given. Any left over term classes after giving your 2 weeks notice can be refunded or credited to another child. Your Gymnastics Australia Membership Fee is non refundable.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY (SCHOOL HOLIDAY & CASUAL PARTICIPANTS)
If you would like to reschedule your booking or receive a refund because you can no longer make your booking, you are required to give a minimum of 48 hours written notice. Should you fail to provide 48 hours written notice, that session will be forfeited.
CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY (TERM REGISTRATIONS ONLY)
If you are unable to make your scheduled class, 24 hours written notice via email is required to be eligible for a makeup session. Should you fail to provide 24 hours written notice & not attend a lesson, that lesson will be forfeited. Makeup sessions are not available during the school holidays and must be claimed within the same term.
We disclose information to the following Associations to assist in providing our services.
- Gymnastics NSW
- Gymnastics Australia
- Sports Education Section (ASC)
- Our professional advisors (Accountants, Lawyers, Auditors)
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as requested or authorised by law.
We may occasionally photograph or video yourself or your child while participating in activities at the Obstacle Course Racing School. These photographs and videos are used for publicity, promotional and/or general display by the Obstacle Course Racing School and any Obstacle Course Racing School affiliate. Please contact us in writing if you do not permit us to take and use any photos/videos of yourself and/or your child so we can attach this request to your file.
CHILD SAFE POLICY
To view the GA Child Safe Policy please go to the following link
ALL OTHER POLICIES
To view all other GA policies that Obstacles Course Racing School follows please go to the following link
- Rule #1 in the gym is to stay SAFE! That means no one is allowed to do anything that might get themselves or anyone else hurt.
- Safety rules must be followed not only by gymnasts, but also by the parents and siblings.
- All parents/guardians with a child in any program must sign a Waiver Form.
- Joggers are required at all times when on the floor in the gym.
- Participants need to wear appropriate attire (example – shorts and singlet). Belt buckles and any other metal clothing accessories may not be worn on any apparatus.
- Jewellery (except for small studs or sleepers in your ears) is not allowed during class.
- No valuable items should be brought to the gym. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Participants should have their hair tied back away from their face. Nails should be trimmed to prevent the possibility of injury.
- Water bottles and bags are to be left in the designated areas, not spread all over the gym.
- Make sure you have no objects in your pockets while in the gym.
- Never dismount off apparatus onto anything but landing mats or crash pads.
- Crash pads and landing mats increase safety, but will not totally protect anyone from injury. Use common sense and proper learning progressions.
- Never dive head first or land on your head or neck on crash pads or landing mats. No mat can totally prevent serious injury to your head or neck, so avoid landing on them.
- Whenever moving through the gym, stay alert and look out for other participants.
- Spotting is to be done by coaches only. No student or parent spotting of participants.
- No student is allowed in the gym areas or on any equipment without an instructor present.
- Please be on time.
- No Horseplay.
- Children must follow the instructions of the instructor for their own safety. Proper gym and social behaviour is expected of all students. Failure to act in an appropriate and safe manner may result in your removal from class.
- No one other than currently registered and enrolled participants are allowed in the gym area or on the equipment unless you are a parent/guardian participating in our Kindy Ninjas Class and a coach is present.
- No glass or glass bottles anywhere in the gym.
- No chewing gum, food or drinks in the gym area.
- No running anywhere in the facility unless directed by your instructor.
- Participants are expected to be respectful, polite and show good manners at all times in the gym.
- No fighting of any kind.
- All trash goes immediately into trash cans.
- Drivers need to stay alert for traffic, cars backing out, and departing and arriving participants.
- Be sure your son or daughter is actually in the gym prior to your leaving after dropping them off at the gym.
- Participants are not allowed to leave the building for any reason except with a parent or approved guardian.
- Students must remain inside the gym until their parents arrive. Please be on time for the start and end of your class.
- Participants are expected to be picked up within 15 minutes of the end of their scheduled class. Repeated lateness without instructor or gym notification and agreement will result in extra charges.
ILLNESS & INJURY
- Advise the coach if you are ill or have any symptoms of illness.
- Children on medication which may affect their coordination skills should not be allowed to attend classes. The higher the skill level the more dangerous this is to your child. Please advise the coach if your child is on medication.
- Report any injury, unusual pain or discomfort felt during participation to your coach or instructor immediately.
Code of Ethics
Members, Association Members, Affiliated Clubs or a person required to comply with this policy must meet the following requirements in regard to their conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by GA, an Association Member or an Affiliated Club and in any role, you hold within GA, an Association Member or an Affiliated Club:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others;
- Conduct themselves in line with GA’s values;
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others;
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, their actions;
- Make a commitment to providing quality service;
- Maintain a duty of care (and follow any safety guidelines) to others involved in GA, the Association Members and the Affiliated Clubs (where a duty of care applies);
- Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to GA’s standards, rules, regulations and policies including this policy and the Child Safe Policy;
- Establish and maintain an environment that is safe for the conduct of activities for adults and Children;
- Operate within the rules of the sport including national and international guidelines that govern GA, the Association Members and the Affiliated Clubs;
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured;
- Show concern for the health, safety and welfare of members and participants;
- Give all people equal opportunities to participate;
- Be a positive role model, demonstrating a high degree of individual responsibility (especially when dealing with children), understanding that their words and actions are an example;
- Wear their uniform, accreditation and identification card/pass/badge while involved in delivering gymnastic services or as required by an affiliated member (such as when representing GA, any Affiliated Club at designated functions or to and from work);
- Understand the repercussions if they breach, or are aware of any breaches of, this Code of Ethics;
- Do not shame, humiliate, oppress, belittle, harass or degrade any person, particularly children;
- Do not unlawfully discriminate against any person, especially children, because of culture, race, ethnicity or disability;
- Do not engage in any activity with a Participant that is likely to harm them;
- Do not do anything that brings GA, an Association Member or an affiliated club of the sport of gymnastics into disrepute or engage in conduct that is unbecoming; Member Protection Policy Version 12 29
- Do not use your involvement with GA, an Association Member or an Affiliated Club to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of GA, an Association Member or an Affiliated Club;
- Do not supply alcohol or drugs (including tobacco) to Children participating in gymnastic events, services or programs; and
- While on duty, do not:
- use, possess or be under the influence of an illegal drug;
- use or be under the influence of alcohol;
- be incapacitated by any other legal drug such as prescription or over-the-counter drugs.
PARTICIPANT ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All Participants must meet the following requirements in regard to their conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by GA, an Association Member or an Affiliated Club.
- do not initiate or tolerate acts of aggression;
- respect the talent, potential and development of fellow Participants and Participant;
- care for and respect the equipment provided to them as part of their program/activity;
- be frank and honest with their coach concerning illness and injury and your ability to train fully within the program requirements;
- conduct yourself in a professional manner relating to language, temper and punctuality;
- maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times;
- abide by the rules and respect the decisions of the official, making all appeals through the formal process and respecting the final decision;
- be honest in their attitude and preparation to training;
- work equally hard for themselves and their team; and
- cooperate with coaches and staff in the development of programs to adequately prepare you for competition at the highest level.
PARENT/GUARDIAN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a parent or guardian of a Participant you must meet the following requirements in regard to their conduct during any activity or event:
- remember that their Child participates in sport for their own enjoyment, not their;
- focus on their Child’s efforts, participation and enjoyment rather than winning or losing;
- never ridicule or yell at their child or any other Children for making a mistake or losing a competition;
- show appreciation for good performance by all Participants (including opposing Participants);
- show appreciation and respect for volunteers, coaches, judges and administrators;
- respect officials’ decisions and teach Children to do likewise;
- respect GA administrators and abide by their decisions; and
- allow fellow parents the respect they deserve in their viewing of or involvement in their Child’s participation.
SPECTATOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All Spectators must meet the following requirements in regard to their conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by GA, an Association Member or an Affiliated Club:
- focus on the Participants’ efforts and performance rather than winning or losing;
- never ridicule or yell at Participants for making a mistake or not winning a competition;
- show appreciation for good performance by all participants (including opposing Participants);
- respect officials’ decisions and teach others to do likewise;
- refrain from using inappropriate or offensive language;
- show appreciation and respect for volunteers, coaches, judges and administrators, including by using appropriate language;
- review the photographic policy for the appropriate event, Affiliated Club or Association Member before taking photos or videos of participants; and
- allow fellow spectators the respect they deserve in their viewing of the class/event.
Today's Date: June 28, 2022