ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT, BY SIGNING IT, YOU ARE LIMITING YOUR ABILITY TO RECOVER FROM TRANSITIONS SKATEPARK LLC, ANY DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN WHILE AT THE SKATE PARK. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE OBTAIN ADVICE FROM YOUR LAWYER PRIOR TO SIGNING. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE SIGNED BEFORE YOU PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITY AT THE SKATE PARK.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT (the ‘’Agreement”), AND IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR USE OF LiNES Skate Park (the “Park”), Transitions Skatepark, LLC, YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND:
Skateboarding, in-line skating, scooter riding, roller-skating, and bicycle riding (“Hazardous Activity”) are inherently dangerous and can result in personal injuries, including disability, paralysis, and death as well as property damage and other loss (collectively, “Injuries”). Injuries occurring can increase when using ramps, curbs, steps, half pipes, inclines, declines, bowls, other structures and devices, and when other people are present, whether those people are users, spectators, skate park staff, or others. You understand the potential Injuries involved and choose to voluntarily participate in the Hazardous Activities.
IN CONSIDERATION WITH YOUR PRESENCE AT THE PARK AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES:
YOU FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING INJURIES, THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST TRANSITIONS SKATEPARK LLC; AND YOU FOREVER RELEASE THE PARK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING INJURIES, THAT YOU MAY SUFFER; AND YOU FOREVER HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY TRANSITIONS SKATEPARK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING INJURIES, TO ANY THIRD PARTIES; AND YOU AGREE NOT TO SUE TRANSITIONS SKATEPARK OR LINES SKATE PARK FOR ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE.
“The Park” means Transitions Skatepark LLC., its managers, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, associates, agents, contractors, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, exhibitors, representatives, staff, affiliates with Transitions Skatepark LLC and the Park.
This Assumption of the Risk and Release of Liability Agreement is on behalf of the user of the Park, and his or her spouse, personal representatives, assigns, heirs, next of kin, family, relatives, trustees, conservators, administrators, agents and guardians.
YOU SHALL READ, SIGN AND COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF THE SAFETY/CONDUCT PRIOR TO ENGAGING IN ANY ACTIVITY AT TRANSITIONS SKATEPARK, AND SHALL OBEY ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE PARK STAFF. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL SUCH RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS THAT WOULD PREVENT YOU FROM COMPLYING WITH THESE RULES OF SAFETY/CONDUCT OR THAT WOULD LIMIT OR AFFECT YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES OR JEOPARDIZE YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IN ANY WAY.
You agree to give up your right to a trial by a court or jury. Any dispute or claim between you and Transitions Skatepark LLC, including those arising out of or related to this Agreement, the interpretation of this Agreement, or any damages, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be the country or jurisdiction where the park is located.
THIS AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING NEGLIEGENCE, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY MICHIGAN LAW.
If any provisions in this Agreement are found invalid, it shall be revised in a manner consistent with the intent of that provision and shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of this Agreement. This agreement may not be orally modified, nor any provisions waived except in writing signed by an officer of Transitions Skatepark LLC. You have knowingly and freely made this Agreement, without any kind of inducement or assurance.
The undersigned herby grants permission to Transitions Skatepark LLC & LiNES Skate Park, the right to use photographs and video in promotional and advertising material. Including but not limited to television, radio, magazines, in-store ads, social media, and the web.
I understand and agree to be bound by the Rules of Safety/Conduct governing my behavior while using the Park. I understand that these rules are strictly enforced.
LiNES SKATE PARK - Rules and Regulations
These rules need to be read and followed by both parents and participants. Thank you for your cooperation.
- You must have a signed waiver. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign the waiver in the presence of a LiNES staff member or the waiver must be notarized.
- Children must be at least 7 years old before they can skate. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.
- You must skate safely and remain in control at all times. All participants are responsible for avoiding collision with others.
- You must wear your helmet at all times. Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- We rent helmets, elbow pads, kneepads and wristguards. You must return these items at the end of the session. If you do not return them, your account will be charged a replacement fee that must be paid before your next session.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted. Snacks and beverages are sold at the front desk. Consuming food and beverage is permitted only in the lobby area.
- We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. You may use one of the lockers - first come first serve. If any locks are left on at the end of the session they will be cut.
- Please use the garbage cans and recycle bins throughout the skate park. If you see garbage on the ground - please pick it up.
- Please only ride in the skate park area. Riding in the lobby and the rest of the facility is not permitted.
- We do not allow alcoholic beverages in the park at any time. If you are caught with them, you will be asked to leave and your membership will be terminated.
- NO SPITTING ANYWHERE INSIDE THE PARK! If you feel the need to spit please do so in an appropriate area. Always look out for each others safety and health!
- No drawing or markings of any kinds permitted in the skatepark. This includes on the walls, ramps, floors, lockers, etc. Please keep it clean!
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted in the building. There is a designated smoking area outside - away from the building. Please do not smoke outside the entry door. Be courteous and dispose of your cigarettes properly. .
- We have a strict NO BULLYING policy. Be kind to each other.
- Fighting, profanity or any other disruptive behavior is strictly prohibited. Staff members have the discretion to identify unwarranted conduct as necessary to ensure that participants, attendees, and Staff have an enjoyable park experience.
- LiNES Skate Park reserves the right to cancel any membership at any time or eject anyone for any reason. No refunds allowed.
COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to, or infected by COVID-19 by using the LiNES Skate Park facility and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the LiNES Skate Park facility may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, LiNES Skate Park employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I assume all risks of damages and injury to myself arising out of or attributable to my use of the LiNES Skate Park facility during the COVID-19 pandemic. I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release and discharge the LiNES Skate Park and its officers, employees and agents, from any and all claims for losses, injuries, damages or liabilities, including personal injury and injury to personal property arising out of or attributable to my use of the LiNES Skate Park facility during the COVID-19 pandemic, and I expressly release the above-named parties from and against any and all claims or liability arising from their negligence. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with use of the LiNES Skate Park facility. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren)s, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the LiNES Skate Park, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the LiNES Skate Park, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after use of the LiNES Skate Park facility.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND AGREEMENT
Details of this agreement can change at the sole discretion of LiNES. Membership rates, scheduling, and hours of operation may change at any time without notice, in the sole discretion of LiNES.
CHECK IN PROCEDURE
Members and non-members are required to check in at the front desk with a LiNES staff member. If this is your first time to the skate park you must sign the liabitliy waiver on our website. Members agree that use of their membership by anyone else is strictly prohibtied and will result in cancellation of membership.
By signing this form I agree I have read and understand the above mentioned rules and regulations.