STUDENT's Agreed RESPONSIBILITIES OF COURSE
The student agrees to study independently as specified by the instructor. In general, this means that before each class session, the student will:
In Person Courses:
1.Watch the appropriate assigned portion(s) of the course video(s).
2.Read the appropriate assigned section(s) of the course manual(s), and complete the exercise questions within.
3.Complete the appropriate Knowledge Review(s) to be handed in at the start of class each day.
4. Student will provide their own or rent a dive computer for each session.
5. Should student provide their own equipment, they agree it will be in working order and serviced by a professional within the recommended time per manufacturers recommendations.
Student agrees and understands no pool or dive sessions will be completed without the online academic completions.
Student agrees and understand that online academics expire 12 months after purchase and no refunds or course continuation will be permitted after 90 days of purchase.
In addition, the student agrees to:
1.Follow all course procedures as set forth by the instructor.
2.Ask questions about any class-related items not understood.
3.Show up for all sessions on time and prepared.
4. Rescheduling fees will apply if students fail to show up to a scheduled session of $25.
If the student arrives at class, but has failed to complete and turn in assigned work, or if the student fails to arrive on time, it may be necessary to make up the work and continue the class at a later date. The student will be responsible for any additional costs and/or inconvenience this may cause. In scheduling and determining additional costs, Anchors Away Scuba/Treks Aquatics & Outdoors/8 Eyed Octopi LLC will give every reasonable consideration to unforeseen events, such as family emergencies, that led to this situation.
The course instructor(s) and staff agree to:
1.Be ready to begin the course as scheduled.
2.Provide a positive learning environment in which to master the course objectives.
3.Answer the students questions to the best of their ability.
4.Assist the student through learning challenges.
If the student completes all course work as assigned, arrives for class promptly, and otherwise follows directions for learning as given by the instructor(s), Anchors Away Scuba will accept responsibility for reasonable learning challenges. Course objectives must be met before the student is certified, but in this situation Anchors Away Scuba will schedule any necessary training sessions, at no additional charge to the student, until either (A) the student masters the course objectives, or, (B) the student voluntarily withdraws.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Your non-refundable deposit reserves your place in the above course.
2. Balance of course fee is due at the first class meeting/instructor sessions. All fees are non-refundable once you have been scheduled with an instructor, even if you fail to attend.
3. Our policy on drugs and alcohol is simple - ZERO TOLERANCE. Candidates are expected to furnish their own equipment for use during the program. Rental equipment is available upon request at a special student rate for currently enrolled students in good standing.
4. Course books, education supplies, fees, travel expenses, etc., if any, are not included in your course fee unless otherwise specified. However, recreational certification fees are included in all recreational-level courses. Also, the course may include the Crew Pack, Student Video, and Student Protection Plan.
Additional TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
ALL VA PROGRAMS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
VA PROGRAMS MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE START OF THE COURSE.
VA PROGRAMS ARE REIMBURSABLE ONLY.
The certifying location is not responsible for VA denials.
It is the responsibility of the STUDENT to verify their VA benefits.
By my signature below, I certify that I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the above.
May 28, 2022