I hereby release and discharge PortCity Bike Tours, LLC. and any associated organization (including but not limited to Portsmouth Historical Society, Discover Portsmouth, John Paul Jones House, school districts, municipalities, churches, clubs, restaurants, sponsors, volunteers, and any employee or associates thereof ) their heirs, administrators, agents and employees, from any and all liability, causes of action, suits, debts, contracts, agreements, claims and demands whatsoever as a result of my participation in a PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., event. I agree to reimburse PortCity Bike Tours, LLC. at the retail price set by PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., for any PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., property of which I took possession, including but not limited to bicycles, locks, helmets, and water bottles, and of which PortCity Bike Tours, LLC. does not regain possession, whether misplaced, lost, damaged, or stolen.
I understand that accidents, fatalities, serious bodily injuries and/or property damage can occur while participating in a PortCity Bike Tours, LLC. Event, while riding a bicycle on public roads or otherwise participating in said event. Knowing the risks involved, I agree to assume those risks and to release all of the persons or entities mentioned above from liability for any injury, death, illness or property damage occurring while participating in these events or in the travel to and from them.
I agree that I will use good judgment, be self-reliant and stop to request assistance if I am unsure of my ability to complete any segment of the event safely. In extreme situations, I understand and agree not to wait for assistance exclusive to the support provided by PortCity Bike Tours, LLC. In the event of any injury or accident, I agree to notify the tour leader, and consent to and permit emergency medical. I understand that if I leave before or after the tour starting time or travel a course different from the tour route as lead by the guide, I will not receive the services as published or advertised. I further agree to pay all fees associated with my participation in all or part of the event.
I attest that I am physically fit and have sufficiently prepared for the completion of the PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., event(s) for which I am registered. I also agree to wear the ANSI, CPSC or SNELL approved bicycle helmet provided to me at all times when riding a bicycle during this event. I agree to have adequate medical insurance coverage for the duration of the entered PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., event(s). I attest that I will abide by the rules and regulations of these events and all applicable state, local and municipal laws, including vehicle laws. I understand PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., reserves the right to remove participants unwilling to ride in a safe manner or displaying unacceptable behavior and to change or cancel events. (Full refunds will be given for events canceled by PortCity Bike Tours, LLC.) I further understand that I will not be reimbursed for airline, hotel, or any other incidental fees due to change in itinerary or event cancellation or compensated for the theft of any personal gear, including bicycle.
I give permission to PortCity Bike Tours, LLC to use my first name and likeness in any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, evaluations or any other record of my participation in PortCity Bike Tours, LLC., event(s) for any promotional purposes, without obligation or liability to me. I have read and understand the above information, all PortCity Bike Tours, LLC. policies and I certify my compliance by my initials and signature. I agree that this complete Waiver, Release and Consent is binding on my heirs, proxies, representatives and assigns.
Minors: If you are under 18 years old, the following must be signed by your parent or guardian.
PortCity Bike Tours Riding Safety Check-List
1. Obey all Rules of the Road and all local New Hampshire traffic and bicycle laws.
2. Please, Do Not use a cell phone. If there is an emergency call, say you are going to stop and we will all stop and wait for you.
3. You are sharing the road or the path with others — motorists, pedestrians and other cyclist respect their rights, ride single file.
4. If you need to stop, please say that you are stopping so those around you will also, stop. Ride defensively. Always assume that others do not see you. Look ahead, and be ready to avoid hazards such as:
• Vehicles slowing or turning, entering the road or your lane ahead of you, or coming up behind you.
• Parked car doors opening.
• Pedestrians stepping out or children or pets playing near the road.
• Potholes, sewer grating, railroad tracks, expansion joints, road or sidewalk construction, debris and other obstructions that could cause you to swerve into traffic, catch your wheel or cause you to have an accident.
• The many other hazards and distractions which can occur on a bicycle ride.
5. Ride in designated bike lanes, on designated bike paths or as close to the edge of the road as possible, in the direction of traffic flow or as directed by NH Bicycle governing laws.
6. Stop at stop signs and traffic lights; slow down and look both ways at street intersections. Remember that a bicycle always loses in a collision with a motor vehicle, so be prepared to yield even if you have the right of way.
7. Use approved hand signals for turning (right or left hand extended) and stopping (raising hand up).
8. Never ride with headphones. They mask traffic sounds and emergency vehicle sirens, distract you from concentrating on what’s going on around you, and their wires can tangle in the moving parts of the bicycle, causing you to lose control.
9. Never carry a passenger, unless it is a small child wearing an approved helmet and secured in a correctly mounted child carrier or a child-carrying trailer.
10. Never carry anything which obstructs your vision or your complete control of the bicycle, or which could become entangled in the moving parts of the bicycle.
11. Don’t do stunts, wheelies or jumps. If you intend to do stunts, wheelies or jumps or go racing with your bike despite our advice not to. Damage to the bicycle will result in a charge for a broken part or parts, but not in excess of $100.
12. Don’t weave through traffic or make any moves that may surprise people with whom you are sharing the road.
13. Never ride your bicycle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We will stop the tour if there is a safety issue.
14. If possible, avoid riding in bad weather, when visibility is obscured, at dawn, dusk or in the dark, or when extremely tired.
* Each of these conditions increases the risk of accident
I acknowledge the rules set forth for PortCity Bike Tours ride safe guidelines, NH Traffic and Bicycle Laws of the road. Parent or Guardian Please Sign for Minor under 18 years old.
Non-returns or missing parts are subject to costs for replacement of equipment/parts. Damaged equipment are subject to repair costs.
Date signed: July 30, 2021