PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE and WAIVER of LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION of RISK, and INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
TO BE COMPLETED BY THE MINORS PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN
IN CONSIDERATION of my minor child (“the Minor”) being permitted to participate as a passenger in the boat rented from BBR BASS BOAT RENTALS, LLC ("RELEASEES"), I agree:
1. I know the nature of the sport of bass fishing and of boating and the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe the Minor to be qualified to participate as a passenger in the boat. I will inspect the rented equipment to be used, or with which the Minor may come into contact. IF I OR THE MINOR BELIEVE ANYTHING IS UNSAFE, I WILL INSTRUCT THE MINOR TO IMMEDIATELY STOP PARTICIPATION AS A PASSENGER.
2. I FULLY UNDERSTAND and will instruct the Minor that: (a) THE ACTIVITY OF BEING A PASSENGER IS VERY DANGEROUS and participation as a passenger during the equipment rental period ("EVENT") involves RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“RISKS”; (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by the Minor’s own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating during the Event, the rules of the tournament during the Event(s), the condition and layout of the equipment, and/or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED ABOVE; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO ME or that are not readily foreseeable at this time; (d) THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES and/or damages that could result from those Risk(s) COULD BE SEVERE AND COULD PERMANENTLY CHANGE THE MINOR’S FUTURE.
3. I consent to the Minor’s participation as a passenger and HEREBY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSSES, COSTS AND/OR DAMAGES FOLLOWING SUCH INJURY, DISABILITY, PARALYSIS OR DEATH, EVEN IF CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES”.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE BBR BASS BOAT RENTALS, LLC, or any of their directors, officers, agents, employees, representatives, owners, members, affiliates, successors and assigns, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasees,” FROM ALL LIABILITY TO ME, THE MINOR, my and the Minor’s personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY TO ME OR THE MINOR, including, but not limited to, death or damage to property, CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE.
5. If, despite the release, I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf, makes a claim against any of the “Releasees” named above, I AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES and each of them from ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST THEY MAY INCUR DUE TO THE CLAIM MADE AGAINST ANY OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED ABOVE, WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
6. I sign this agreement on my own behalf and on behalf of the Minor. I HAVE READ THIS PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING IT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS I AND/OR THE MINOR WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE TO RECOVER DAMAGES FOR LOSSES OCCASIONED BY THE RELEASEES’ FAULT, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT
Today's Date: November 30, 2021