NPCO agrees to the following:
- Offer a volunteer orientation and on-the-job training including safety briefings and proper use of equipment.
- Assign a team leader to the volunteer group for guidance and consultation.
- Regularly evaluate and encourage volunteer performance.
As a NPCO volunteer I agree to:
- Abide by the rules and policies of DLNR, NPCO, and all applicable Federal, State, and County laws.
- Abide by all dress codes and supply/gear requirements as applicable.
- Perform service work as needed at my assigned placement site.
- Report to the designated meeting location(s) on time, if applicable.
- Refrain from possessing or consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Provide timely notification of inability to participate in the volunteer program.
- Keep survey/monitoring sheets or activity logs where requested.
- Return all administrative paperwork by required deadlines.
- Treat all volunteers, NPCO Leaders, members, contract personnel, and others with whom we work, with respect.
- Act safely and responsibly and not abuse the position of NPCO volunteer.
Release of Liability
I have requested the NĀ PALI COAST `OHANA (NPCO) to allow me, or my child (to hereinafter include ward), to enter the NĀPALI COAST (NPC). I agree and acknowledge that my or my child’s SAFETY IS at risk of possible injury or death and that I accept full RESPONSIBILITY. I further acknowledge that my child or I have been instructed to follow all safety instructions both written and verbal. I fully understand, and by my signature acknowledge that:
(1) I understand that transportation to and from the NĀ PALI COAST are by ocean going craft or helicopter.
(2) I understand that NO MEDICAL FACILITIES EXIST in the Nāpali. In the event of a serious or life threatening injury, I understand that a medivac helicopter will be contacted to transport me or my child to an emergency care facility, subject to the availability of the medivac helicopter. I further understand that weather conditions or darkness may prohibit, prevent or extend the time of rescue operations.
(3) I understand that I may be using hand held tools or power tools. I have agreed to use these tools on my own accord.
(4) I understand that due to the geological area of NPC that landslides, rock falls, tsunami, flash flooding and other natural events can occur.
(5) I understand that recreational swimming may take place at the beach areas in the NPC; that certified lifeguards are not present; and that swimming is at the swimmer’s risk. I further understand the risks presented by the currents, surf, and shoreline conditions; and that sharks, seals, jelly fish and eels or other natural dangers may be present.
(6) I understand that there are stinging insects; such as but not limited to; mosquitoes, centipedes, scorpions and bees are present and may cause a serious anaphylactic reaction and that there will be the presence of goat, rat, and bird feces.
(7) I understand that I will be working in harsh, hot, strenuous conditions and that heat exhaustion and dehydration and their effects are possible.
I understand the above activities or situations, COULD CAUSE INJURY OR DEATH or property damage to me or my child.
I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK OF INJURY OR LOSS, for myself or my child and for myself or my child’s property created by any conditions indicated in paragraphs (1) through (7) above or any unforeseeable conditions. With full knowledge of the hazards, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS NPCO and its’ officers, for death or injury to me or my child or for damage to my or my child’s property resulting from the hazardous conditions previously listed, or any unforeseeable conditions. In consideration of the access which I have requested, I, for myself, my heirs, beneficiaries, executors, and administrators; and for my child’s heirs, beneficiaries, executors, and administrators, REMISE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE NPCO and its’ officers, volunteers acting in their official capacity with due diligence, from any and all claim(s), demand(s), or cause(s) of action on account of my or my child’s injury or death or on account of any damage to my or my child’s property which may occur from my or my child’s negligence, the hazardous conditions previously listed, or any unforeseeable conditions, during the access to the NPC or incident thereto.
I have read the above, fully understand, agree, and take full responsibility. I am the Legal Parent or Guardian of a minor and have reviewed this information with my child. We agree, and take full responsibility for our decision to volunteer.
I hereby grant NPCO my permission to photograph or videotape my or my child’s participation as a volunteer and to use those images in any education or outreach activity (i.e. brochures, videos, displays, etc.)