In consideration of the services of Rogers Group Holdings LLC, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "RGHL"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge RGHL, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that participating in inflatable water slide, water park, inflatable amusements and water activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: water hazards; accidental drowning; collision with fixed objects or people; slipping and falling; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; exhaustion; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; transmissible pathogens or diseases; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; the negligence of other participants, or other persons who may be present; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities and emergency treatment or other services rendered; equipment failure or operator error; weather conditions; and my own physical condition.
Furthermore, RGHL personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) while participating in this activity.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless RGHL from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of RGHL 's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of RGHL.
4. Should RGHL or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. I further agree to release the state of Utah, its agencies, departments, officers, employees, agents and all sponsors, officials and staff or volunteers from any and all liability, claims, demands, breach of warranty, negligence, actions and causes of actions whatsoever for any loss, claim, damage, injury, illness, attorney’s fees or harm of any kind or nature to me arising out of my participation at the activity. This release extends to any claim made by my family, estate, heirs or assigns arising from or in any way connected with the activities.
7. In the event that I file a lawsuit against RGHL, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against RGHL on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at RGHL. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Today's date: September 28, 2022